cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
296 REPLIES 296

Hankhenry
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Hank here. I have a Rexhall Freightliner RV and the throttle wants to stick in high position.

Likes_to_tow
Explorer II
Explorer II

We have a 31' Reflection Grand Design 5th wheel and enjoy traveling the US.   Our current tow vehicle is a 2021 F250 with the 7.3 Gasoline engine.    

Community Alumni
Not applicable

Hi folks, I'm an oldtimer from a long, long time ago from RV.net who just recently discovered that RV.net has moved over here, more or less. I was part of the NW Rally group and have been trying to find the members of that again but most of you don't seem to be here any more. Does anyone know what happened to Tradewinds (the original) or Bigdog (also the original)?   I finally bit the bullet and bought a 2019 Coachmen Mirada 32SS last month and have already put 3K miles on it. I never thought I'd give up that old Nomad trailer but here we are. Besides, she was so old, she was nearly old enough to drink and the Suburban I pulled it with hot on her heels. I still have both vehicles but I reserve those for Burning Man nowadays. There's NO way I'm taking this Mirada to Burning Man.  😄

So, if you remember who I was back then, we're out of the farming business (I raised sheep for forever) and are looking to part-time in our new rig. I never thought you could blast me away from the farm but here we are. Anyone going to Quartzsite this year? We're considering going.

To the rest of you, hi, I'm the Laura half of TomNLauraWA and live in western Washington on my soon-to-be-completely-shut-down farm. Tom doesn't post on here although he might someday. I'm a retired environmental chemist and he's a semi-retired software developer. We have a couple of cats who don't travel with us due to age or being semi-feral, I like to sew and do needlepoint (my drug of choice), and both of us enjoy longbow/recurve archery. I am very much into horses and finally lost my ancient 34 year old this past January (23) so I'm out of the horse business. I still have chickens and turkeys so my farm isn't shut down just yet. Both of us love to read and listen to music, and Tom likes going to the movies. Tom works at Burning Man (there's no way we'd go except for getting paid to do so) so we go to that every year. It gets amusing to watch all the different people there.

So, that's me/us in a nutshell.

Lance27a
Explorer
Explorer

Hi to all,  I'm Lance and becoming an active RVer with my new motorhome.  I'll have some questions from time to time seeking your experience and thoughts.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a portable tire air compressor?  I've learned to avoid poor quality China stuff and prefer quality over a few extra dollars.

Lance,  three very good brands are Porter-Cable, Dewald or Ridgid; but I would make sure no matter which brand you purchase that you purchase one that will do at least 150 PSI; first to make sure it will meet all your needs; and second to make sure you are purchasing a quality product that will hold sufficient air pressure in the tank while meeting your needs without having to overwork the compressor.  These are not very expensive and do not cost much more than the cheap junk that you buy from the discount stores.

Lance27a,

Be sure to get one that does 120 psi.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Fowler2765
Explorer II
Explorer II

Sad to see the clubs are not a priority with the company anymore. I rejoined to be active in a Club and seems they have just about closed down most of the Clubs. My parents were lifetime members and they had a great club that traveled and enjoyed the RV life.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad

I have been using the predecessor of this forum for many years. I am totally lost in this new version. Unless I can get some help in using it, I will just drop it as a sad failure.

Don't drop, I am new to this - together we can all learn and build on this and teach each other.  There is another couple on here who purchased a 2008 Monaco who was looking for manuals.  I know the site where they can get the free factory manual and original brochure and register / transfer the ownership information even though Monaco does not build these units any longer because the original company went bankrupt and sold all their assets (I lost a lot of money on that stock - lol) and then were subsequently sold again.  I tried sending him the information, BUT it appears that our messages have completely fallen off this site.  I also just purchased a 2008 Monaco and the site is amazing - the manuals and brochures  available are so complete and detailed and free.  I hope they received my information before our messages disappeared.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad

Fifth wheel, 34' HitchHiker II. Almost 200000 miles. Northeast Texas. More later

Hello, I am lost as well.. New to Good Sam and this type of chat. We recently purchased a 2018 Coachman Prism 25 foot motorhome, had three trips in it, we really enjoy traveling in it. We live in Idaho, first trip we went to Yellowstone, then we went to Redwoods, the Avenue of the Giants & last week we went to the Grand Canyon (south side) .... WOW!! Amazing! We are now home, winterized the motorhome and have a few repairs and will put it away for the winter. Start planning our next adventure. Cheers to you. 😁

Thank you for the courtesy of your reply. (I tried to post a reply just now and it vanished into the cloud). Idaho is a beautiful state. We stayed some years ago at Red Rock RV near Island Park  for a visit to Yellowstone, and more recently at Henry's Lake State Park in that same area. We live in Northeast Texas in the Piney Woods and rolling hills--very different from the stereotype of Texas than many have. We have a fifth-wheel trailer on which we have logged over 117,000 miles. If I can ever help by sharing information about our area--or for that matter almost any area in the USA, just send me a PM (Private Message). We have trips planned in the Spring to Florida and to a spot in Texas even nearer to the total eclipse in 2024. 

Texas is a lovely, large place and a place where part of my heart shall always be.  I lived in New Braunfels Texas from 2006 to 2018 with my late wife and until 2021 by myself; our youngest son lived in New Braunfels and Canyon Lake until purchasing his ranch in Martindale; and then lived in Martindale and owned businesses in New Braunfels, Canyon Lake, San Marcos, San Antonio and numerous places in Wisconsin until his passing in 2021.  While my heart, mind and memories shall always be in both Texas and Wisconsin and I consider myself to be a Wisconsin-Texan missing Texas, so many things and all my friends and loved ones there; home shall always be Wisconsin because I was born, raised and spent most of my life there, and most of my family is there and lays to rest there.  Lives situations and events have taken me (at least for the time) to Lees Summit MO, but I long for Texas and Wisconsin, getting back to the motorhome world will help me see both, in addition to getting back to seeing so many other places again.

Greetings Padredw, It worked, I want to return to the Henry's Lake area and do some FLY fishing. My wife and myself travel with our two dogs, Coco (female) is a **bleep**-zu / Maltize mix & Teddy (male) is a Yorky-Doodle. We are plesently supprised how well they travel with us. I believe in the spring we are going to go th San Diego many things to see there and we have some friends there. I don't check my e-mail offten enough, so today I am catching up. Be well my friend and travel safe, Blessings to you and your family. 🙂 🙏

• D&S3Ed.jpgD&S3Ed.jpg