cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
356 REPLIES 356

richardyood
Explorer III
Explorer III

Hello from Richard and Penelope Yood of Tallahassee FL. We've been RVing since May 2005 and on our 4th and last coach a 2017 Forest River FR3 30DH..

During our almost 19 years of RVing we have been to or through 44 states in the continental U.S.

We're both in our late 70s so have slowed down on distance traveled, especially since Covid and higher gas prices,  but we still try to use the coach once a month either visiting kids or with my wife's BFF & her husband. Anywhere for a week to long weekends. 

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community! 

Thank you all for introducing yourself! I see there are several new questions here in the community which we love to see. For those of you who have asked questions or are looking for suggestions ( @Karaokegene@Flciii@RLasby@RevD-Ram), I would recommend finding a Group or Forum that best fits your question and starting a new post there. You should check out Campgrounds 101 or Bucket List Destinations! This way everyone in our community can share their experiences with you. 

If you have any questions with this or with the community in general please feel free to send me a message. Happy to help!

Evan Seegmiller
Community Manager 

menzeba29
Explorer
Explorer

Hi! John and Barb Menzel here.  Just spent the summer and start of fall int he northeast.  Bar harbor is our favorite place so far.  Leaving on Monday to go south to Florida and then out west for the summer.  We have a grand design reflection.

Kvmllr
Explorer
Explorer

My name is Kevin, my wife is Rieda.  We recently upgraded from our previous Jayco and RAM 1500 to a new Winnebago 3235RL and a new to us RAM 2500 to pull it.  Starting from our home in South Salt Lake, we've explored many of the state and national parks in this region of the West.  In retirement, I volunteer several months of the year as a camp host/ranger in state and national parks. Last year, we took our 3 year old grandson and his dad to Fremont Indian State Park, to observe some of the pictographs and petroglyphs.  The 7 year old and his mom went with us for an adventure in Dinosaur National Monument. Glad to be part of the group.

RevD-Ram
Explorer
Explorer

We are the RamFam! Me (Dennis), my wife (Carol), our two Kids (Sam & Abby) and our, dog, Peaches. God called us to sell our home in Tulsa, OK and take to the roads as traveling missionaries, offering pastoral care & family ministry to the RV community, and media/tech support to churches around the US as part of AG US MIssions. We moved into our 2022 Alliance Avenue 36brm in July of 2023 and it has been quite the adventure, especially since we are total newbies to the RV life. We spent the fall in North Carolina and currently wintering back south of Tulsa while we get some repairs done. We’re looking to head out again in April, either north to Montana or Wyoming or northeast to New England. We’re looking for recommendations on campgrounds where we can hold up for 6 months without going broke and hopefully serve and minister to those who stay there. Appreciate any help and if there’s anything we can do for you, pray for you, feel free to reach out. You can also reach us through our website at RamFamMission.org. Be well and God bless!

1.png

"The fact that our heart yearns for something Earth can't supply is proof that Heaven must be our home." C. S. Lewis

MilosOwner
Explorer
Explorer

DW from Texas.  We are the proud owner of a Grand Design 17MKE travel trailer.  This is the 5th RV that we have owned.  Retired and loving life.

RLasby
Explorer
Explorer
  • My wife Diane and I (Rich) purchased a Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 171RBXL about 6 months ago.  We sold our Proline 17 ft Center Console fishing boat and got this camper.  We have camped at about 6 different state parks from Florida to South Carolina.  We really love camping and look forward to camping at least once a month for 4 to 7 nights.  We are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone later this year.  My question is when is the best time to go to these parks and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Oh, the name of our camper is “ Wheel Paradise “.  

Flciii
Explorer
Explorer

Hello all,

We are Frank & Leslie from Missouri. I have been camping my whole life, Frank became an enthusiast from my own excitement and nudging.  We currently have our 1st 5th wheel a Keystone Arcadia 3250RL, we found it Sept. 2023 as a new unit sitting in Nebraska as we were passing through, went back 2 weeks later and traded our 2016 Jayco for this unit.  Have not really had the benefit of camping in it yet for longer than a weekend of picking it up so looking forward to 2024 camp season in it. We have mainly stayed in the mid-west camping long weekends (so needs to be short driving distances) but looking to venture out this year to other states with a longer journey. Where would you suggest? Hope everyone has a year full of adventure and Joy, prosperity and blessings. See you on the road, or maybe you will see me in the campground in my PJ's early morning walking my dog with a poop bag in my hand 🙂 Echo Bluff Oct 2023 horse rise.jpg here's a picture of one early morning dog walk where the wild horses appeared , they were majestic to say the least. It was a crisp 35 degree October morning in Missouri.

Timberwolf76
Explorer
Explorer

This is Michael been camping my whole life finally gat a 4 season camper and pondering on full timing I'm from Tennessee and have to verify where I actually live to keep my cdl any input would be helpful thanks

Jerart1982
Explorer II
Explorer II

hello we are Jerrie and Art  have been camping since 1982 started in a tent and have progressed to a 40’ Montana 5 th wheel and a ram 3500 Dually    Retired in 2020 and have been rving a lot been to the Albuquerque hot air balloon festival  pulled our trailer from sw pa to Alaska  down the west side of the Canadian Rockies , Vancouver the west coast back thru Moab UT Yellowstone and Jackson Hole  what an adventure. 155 days and 22847 mile   If anyone is thinking about taking this trip it’s not as bad as the nightmares you hear would be glad to answer any questions have a lot of info on campgrounds road conditions and places of interest   Glad to be a good Sam member

Gene1953
Explorer III
Explorer III

Linda, Gene and Legolas traveling in 2019 Renegade VeraCruz, towing a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. Home base is Houston, Texas. Love going just about anywhere we have interest in.

How about Alaska and nova Scotia?

cece1074
Explorer
Explorer

Hi. We are Bill and Cecelia Hapke. Bill camped in a previous life and are just getting started together. We purchased a 2023 Cougar 30RKD in September 2022 at the Hershey RV show. We did not get to camp much last year and are hoping to use it more this year. We live in southeast PA and will be venturing to Maryland and Virginia this year.

kgmilton
Explorer
Explorer

Hello everyone!

We are the Miltons, JoAnn, Ken And Sunshine (JoAnn's Choclate Lab service animal.

We have been full time for a year and a half and just down sized from a 40' tiffin  and aquired a 30 foot Aspect and looking to relocate to the Phoenix, Az area from Puget Sound, WA. 

Hello, we are also in the PNW, Oregon.  We are recently retired and hoping to spend several weeks in Arizona at some point.  I am a history buff and am anxious to see any of old towns, mining operations etc.

We travel with our dog, Snoopy in our Georgetown class a snd tow a Jeep Cherokee.