cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community โ€” weโ€™re excited youโ€™re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if youโ€™ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. Itโ€™s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So whatโ€™s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
299 REPLIES 299

Lw3
Explorer
Explorer

Hi. My husband and I have just begun the RV life.  We were living on a boathouse by the Mississippi River for many years . Now it is time for new adventures! We call Memphis our home base.  Glad to join your community. 

We travelled to Memphis area twice and have satayed at Tom Sawyer. We loved it and have recommended it to othets

We stayed at Graceland RV in Memphis. Immediately next door to the Presley Museums and across the street from Graceland. Easy access to  downtown. The ducks at the Peabody Hotel are worth the time. We went to the Bass Pro in the pyramid. Definitely a good time. Beale St was a let down. 

Why were disappointed with Beale St

See our comments above. Seedy area now with homeless and bums. 

I hear you, sorry to hear it is no longer a place to go. Used to be a unique place like Bourbon Street in NOLA

I will visit Beale during the day,  but never at night.  I hope others visit,  but be careful. 

We went during the day. The place is crawling with bums and homeless. Itโ€™s like a smaller version of Bourbon Street. We didnโ€™t go back at night. Did not look safe. 

Ellie50
Explorer
Explorer

New to good Sam community I hope I can get advice and ideas. Happy safe camping everyone 

GGTravels
Explorer
Explorer

Hi all, weโ€™re excited to start our camping journey from Tennessee. Happy to be a part of this community ๐Ÿ˜

newmexjags
Explorer II
Explorer II

Hi! My husband and I recently retired and moved back to Florida after a very long absence. We've been camping since we were teenagers. We have a small trailer with a bunk room. Sometimes we travel with grandkids, sometimes by ourselves. We're planning a big Texas camping trip this spring and want to go to Big Bend National Park. Does anyone have any advice? I don't care about camping in the park, nearby would be good. Thanks for having us! I love this forum! 

Thanks, Jane

2018 Idle Time towed by a 2014 Silverado 

Bring water when you go to park, since it is very dry there, water is a priemum. We stayed ar the resort west of park, nights were amazing, saw more stars since I retired from the sea. Quiet also, you can hear the wind blowing. Big Bend offers scenery that you only get to see in Western Movies, definetly worth the trip

We have a 35 ft 5th wheel and wondering where we can stay near BB.  Any suggestions?

Sorry, not falmiliar with BB.

My favourite way to find places to stay is to use the trip planer at freecampsites.net

https://freecampsites.net/#!&query=TripPlanner

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.