cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
293 REPLIES 293

WisTexan
Explorer III
Explorer III

Good morning everyone, not sure where our travels will all take us this year yet; possibly a quick Wisconsin trip in mid April; and a definite trip with the Monaco America Group to the America's Best Camp Ground in Branson, Missouri May 3 to 10.  Donna, Midnite and I will be traveling in our 2008 Monaco Camelot pulling our 2019 Ram Laramie.2008 Monaco Camelot5.jpg2008 Monaco Camelot12 - Copy.jpg2019 Ram Laramie.jpg2019 Ram Laramie2.jpg

Nice rig but it needs sunshine not snow

That's an awesome setup. I really like it.  

Americanwanderr
Explorer
Explorer

New here... I'm a boondocking Nomad that's stuck in Wilmington, NC. I traveled for 4 years in a self converted shuttle bus RV and mobile sign shop.  I am now working on converting an 8 x 16 foot V-nose cargo trailer into my new RV and sign shop. I have been a sign man all my life so even when I'm retired I still do signs and designs for my local area and for lots of nomads I meet along the way l am keeping a video series of my builds on my YT channel if you're interested let me know and will send a link.

My old chevy S-10 died and I had to purchase a new/used truck that can tow my trailer, so I will be asking for some advice on how to set up my truck for the best way to hit the road.

thanks in advance

jim Tinker   - AKA JT -  The American Wanderer on YT...

bsquared7
Explorer
Explorer

Returning to the Travel Trailer life after a break of 15 years.  Just purchased a new Venture Sporttrek and head westward from Houston for a five week tour of the West.  I would love to hear from folks about must "stop" places to camp between Jackson Hole and Durango.  We have two weeks unplanned in that area and would love insight.

Thanks to all

82paracop
Explorer
Explorer

Hello all, we are new to Class A RVing and will set off full time soon. Retired FED LEO (16 Years) and US Army paratrooper (24 Years) We have a 2024 Thor Freedom Traveler A32, an F150 TOAD and two dogs. Looking forward to the road and the camping.

Slainte!

Welcome and happy trails

Welcome aboard bro 🫡

Enjoy the life.

Bailey306
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Everyone, we are the Bailey family. We have a pull camper that we've had for about three years now. We've gone camping locally at places like Lake Fausse Point, Chicot, in Breaux Bridge, etc. Does anyone know the status of Kincaid in North Louisiana? We like to hike, bicycle and cook outdoors. Anyone else from around Lafayette, Louisiana?

Lw3
Explorer
Explorer

Hi. My husband and I have just begun the RV life.  We were living on a boathouse by the Mississippi River for many years . Now it is time for new adventures! We call Memphis our home base.  Glad to join your community. 

We travelled to Memphis area twice and have satayed at Tom Sawyer. We loved it and have recommended it to othets

We stayed at Graceland RV in Memphis. Immediately next door to the Presley Museums and across the street from Graceland. Easy access to  downtown. The ducks at the Peabody Hotel are worth the time. We went to the Bass Pro in the pyramid. Definitely a good time. Beale St was a let down. 

Why were disappointed with Beale St

See our comments above. Seedy area now with homeless and bums. 

I hear you, sorry to hear it is no longer a place to go. Used to be a unique place like Bourbon Street in NOLA