cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community โ€” weโ€™re excited youโ€™re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if youโ€™ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. Itโ€™s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So whatโ€™s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
356 REPLIES 356

We got 2 front stabilizers! Thanks! 

jessmea1978
Explorer
Explorer

Good morning! My name is Jessi. My dog Alamea and I live in MA. We just got our first RV ever and can't wait to get on the road. It's a Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A. I am going to plan some small 2-3 day trips for now to get used to driving the RV and using the features. Any newbie advice is welcome!

Hoff3218
Explorer
Explorer

Hello all. My wife and I live in Northern Illinois and are nearing that retirement age. Bought  a Coleman 17B as a starter camper and made 5 trips. Realized we needed more breathing room with three dogs. Just bought a 2025 Wolf Pup Black Label. We enjoy traveling where and when we can

Hi y'all, I'm from Georgia. Yes more room is definitely needed with pets. I moved me, 2 dogs and cat from a 19 ft to a 29 ft with  a slide. Much better!

Goodwin88
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, long time camper, but new to Truck Camper.  Advice appreciated on TC selection:

I have a 2017 Ram 2500 SB, 6.7 Cummins.  Looking for an 1-2 night camper for Oregon camping adventures so I don't need large tank reserves.  I perfer an older Lance 815, but the Lance 650 is marketed as a lower weight TC.  However, according to Lance, they are both about the same dry weight!  I plan to use newer 8 ply tires with an E rating.  At this point, if they were both campers are the same weight I'd prefer the camper with the lower side profile for sidewind safety.  For the same money I'd get a better deal on an 815, but money is not a big issue.  

What's the community take on a "safe" camper for my Ram 2500?  Does the Lance 650 really handle like a smaller camper?  How does either one handle on mountain roads?

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the club! Lance 650 is a better choice imo.

If it is just you, have you ever looked at a Capri Camper. They are smaller, not a lot frills, order one with more or less depending on what you want. There are probably more Capri truck campers sold every year than any other brand, they are also referred to as Capri Cowboy Campers. We had one and used it every weekend for about 3 years. We also used to go north to trout streams when we werenโ€™t going to a rodeo, and we used for a week long trip to Colorado.

WSBeersman
Explorer
Explorer

Newbie RV owners.  We bought a 2024 Class C Forest River Forester. They were clearing out and we are using it close to home in Branson, MO this week! So happy we could bring our two doglets with us! 2 pounds and 4 poundsโ€”both Yorkies. They seem to like it but are confused. lol. We def need a new mattress, but trying to find one will be difficult at best. Itโ€™s split side to side. Not ideal. We plan to take a month long trip to all of CA and OR National Parks in May next year. 

Yes, I good mattress always makes for happier campers!

Haviland2021
Explorer
Explorer

Hi TGS friends! We own an amazing 2021 Rockwood MiniLite 2509S which we have absolutely enjoyed! Now sharing as a rental on the RV portal. Based out of NC but willing to transport. Looking forward to helping others make some great camping memories!! 

TXRVFamily
Explorer II
Explorer II

Johnny K. here! I'm based in Texas and have become an avid renter hoping to own in the near future. My most recent rental was "Roxie" - this 2021 Freedom Elite! I've done a travel trailer before as well. Not quite sure what model will be best for the family, so we're in research mode. 

Johnny K.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Hi Henry, welcome to the forums

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Henry1324
Explorer
Explorer

would just like to say hi to all my fellow campers

ffshark80
Explorer II
Explorer II

### Self-Introduction:

Hey everyone, I'm ffshark80! Iโ€™m all about exploring the world in the latest, tricked-out RV. Home base is Texas, but Iโ€™d love to start my journey in Switzerland and eventually head to Belize. Excited to connect with fellow adventurers here!