cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
300 REPLIES 300

CH
Explorer
Explorer

Hi there,  my name is Cheryl.  I too used to enjoy my motorcycle. I have tent camped for 30 years, enjoy overlanding, and being off grid. It was difficult for me to find other women to tent camp, so I have just purchased a 23' camper. I will feel safer if I go alone,  but probably won't have a problem getting others to camp with me now. I'm 63 and really excited to spend my years camping/glamping around the country, seeing places I've never visited, for as many years as can.

Fowler2765
Explorer II
Explorer II

Hello,

I am a second generation Good Sam. My parents were lifetime members. I am wanting to connect with the Indiana chapter 100. If a contact name for the local club is available please post. I live in Indianapolis am retired love to fish, try to play Cornhole and pickleball.

Cathy
Explorer
Explorer

Hello everyone! This is Cathy and Jim from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have booth been camping since we were kids. Starting out together backpacking to now owning a 42 foot toy-hauler 5th wheel. We both ride motorcycles so thus the toy-hauler. 

goodirishstock
Explorer
Explorer

A couple of old "virgins" here from Boston.  My wife and I tent campers for most of our lives attended the Boston Camping Show and my wife fell in love with Modern Buggy's -Little Buggy- Teardrop Camper.  So of course we bought it !  We've been out camping this spring and summer getting accustomed to having a camper with bed and galley, solar powered by a Jackery 1000 Pro.  It took quite a few times to get our gear changed out, purchase new stuff and learn how to camp pulling a trailer behind us.  In 12 days we leave for a 45 day - nine National Park - cross country adventure.  Our route is set, our reservations made, our menus planned, our stuff to do there loosley planed and our routine for setting up, breaking down, teardrop camping and travelling well researched and ready to put to use.  We joined here to become part of the RV Community.  We are both retired, Bostonians and love travelling.  We enjoy being on the road with each other and have done extensive driving in the past.  We look forward to this year's new adventure pulling "Bugsy" behind us along with a couple of EBikes and experiencing a new journey and new sights to see and experience along the way.  Last Spring we did a 32 day trip with similar stops but snow hindered seeing all of the places we wanted.  We also wanted to sleep inside these parks instead of "close by".  It was great fun but this is our "do over" with a couple new parks added and of course our camper.  Hope to hear and see some of you one the road in our travels.  

Jubomime
Explorer
Explorer

My post 

Jubomime
Explorer
Explorer

Hello....I have a 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun class C that I rent out via Good Sam & other agencies.

WayneBaker
Explorer
Explorer

We started out years ago in a 1975 Winnebago Brave! Then we got out of the RV life until 2001 when we purchased a Winnebago Sightseer, which served us well. We are now in a 2016 Jayco Precept which serves as "home base" as we follow our grandson's baseball career from Georgia Southern University to the current Mississippi Braves organization. We love camping at the beach and have made two trips out west from Georgia.

thorntonscott
Explorer
Explorer

Howdy y'all, 

We are a retired (kind of) couple who started camping in a tent. Along the way, we've had a pop-up camper, two fifth wheels, and now travel in a C class motorhome. My husband is legally blind so the driving is left to me. We traveled the southwest three years ago - never want to drive Zion National Park in that motorhome ever again! We are planning a trip to the northwest next year. 

JimBfishin
Explorer
Explorer

Hi All:

We have a 25 foot keystone passport that has pretty much sat unused for the past 4 or 5 years while we took care of 2 elderly parents.  Now the time has come for us to get back on the road!  So far we have been traveling around Colorado, which we love, and carrying our fly-fishing gear and golf clubs wherever we go.  Several longer trips are on our bucket list for the future.  We are both retired and enjoy getting away and seeing new places.  Hope to meet some of you down the road!

Maggums
Explorer
Explorer

Hi - I'm a newbie to all of this, camping in a camper, Good Sam and anything else that pops up along the way - pun intended!  We just bought a used camper and have been trying to get everything setup and tested, so any tips and guides are appreciated. 

Our camper is a trailer only, you have to have another vehicle to tow it.  It's fancy with a slide out for the dining room table area that converts to a bed.  Do I sound like a newbie yet?  We have a tiny tiny bathroom with a shower and the smallest tub I've ever seen.  We have a kitchen and it has a stove, but we haven't connected the gas to it yet to see if it works.  The electrical plug in works the refrigerator, the a/c and the lights, so I'm happy so far.  The water seems to flow with no leaks, but there is still a chemical smell from when it was winterized.  The water is no longer flowing pink, but there is still a smell to it.  Any hints as to what that is?  

As for where we want to go, I'd just like a simple place to set it up and use it for a base camp for now until we make sure we have it all working well.  Might want to go traveling after retiring in a few years from now.  Not sure where this adventure will lead, but I'm sure it will be a true adventure.  

Thanks for reading and I'm sure laughing at such a newbie, but we all start somewhere and sometime, so now is about as good as any.  I'm jumping in with both feet to the deep end of the pool and hoping for the best.  Wish me luck!

@Maggums , I've heard of people using a water-vinegar mix to flush their lines to rid themselves of antifreeze aftertaste. I can't vouch for this method, but perhaps it works. My worry would be that it only masks things or actually does get rid of it but leaves you with a vinegar taste. Lesser of two evils? It's worth researching, if nothing else.

2021 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 24RLHL: 810-825# TW, ~7500# GVW
2020 F-250 XLT Super Duty SRW: 7.3 V8 gasser, 3.55, 10spd

Cybergrunt,

I normally blow the lines; then install antifreeze; then blow the lines again. When I dewinterize use drinking water to clear the lines.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Crochooked
Explorer
Explorer

My husband and I started tent camping, then had class B vans for 40 years. With retirement looming we decided that we wanted to travel and camp more frequently and for longer trips.About 8 years ago we bought a slightly used class C. 

We have done some trips/rallies with the Coachmen Owners Association, but living on someone else's schedule can be stressful.I love planning trips based on an area, or a theme. Our favorite so far has been the entire Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway, 1600 miles in 17 days. Next, a two week loop through Kentucky. I'd love to travel Route 66, and Route 30.

I lived in Roanoke VA in the 70s and did a lot of travelling along the Parkway and Skyline Drive and really love it!  I brought my wife there briefly driving back from Florida.  We hope to return and camp there in the fall.  

barneys1
Explorer
Explorer

Hello!   My wife and I have been RVing for the past 40 years.  Started out on motorcycle and tent and finished last year with a beautiful 30ft Travel trailer that has taken us to most of the U.S.  We are both in our mid 80's now so our traveling days are at an end and our trailer rests in my sons private, family campground in the woods of Northern Michigan.  

We still enjoy camping up there with our extended family.  I have been a moderator on RV.net for about 25 or more years and have met many wonderful and delightful people in that time.  Some remain our best friends to this day.

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT, Hensley Arrow 1400# hitch (Sold), Not towing now. Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD,