cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
311 REPLIES 311

Travel-JB
Explorer
Explorer

Hello RVers, I am new to this forum but not to RVing.  My wife and I purchased a 2021 Thor Windsport.  Has anyone added a Thorton Chip to improve hp and mileage to your motorhome and if so, are you happy with it?

Jackie-Blanche
Explorer
Explorer

Howdy y'all,

My name is Jackie and my gf is Blanche.  I'm an Army retiree and she just retired retired in April. We've just bought a Forest River Salem Cruise Lite and have taken it on a 3-day shake-down trip nearby. I'm hoping to attend Bluegrass festivals wherever they are held.  

Mrodrigue
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, 

my name is Michel and I am planning a trip to Palm Springs California this fall, leaving October 31, from Stamford Connecticut,  I am looking for ideas where to stop along the road in the best possible camping grounds and National parks etc...

Thanks for your comments.

Michel

I use the trip planner here:

https://freecampsites.net/#!&query=TripPlanner

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

GuyV
Explorer
Explorer

Hi. Name is Guy. Retired and playing vagabond for a while. Most winters I stay at Bentsen Grove Resort, just outside McAllen TX. Actually I guess im pretty boring with not much to say about myself. 

Bruce10
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Good Sam travellers. My wife Reta and I ( Bruce) are from Alberta and we're planning an RV trip through Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah. Looking forward to the beautiful sites and staying mostly in State Parks.  I'm having some trouble finding info on State park camping and what is reservable or not.  Advice?

Hi,

I use the trip planner here:

https://freecampsites.net/#!&query=TripPlanner

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Most, if not all states have a state park web site.  I have no experience at Federal parks as I’ve visited many , but don’t stay at them. Reservations and what’s available can be found at the state park web site. Your success in reserving a camp site will often depend on where, what time of year and even days of the week. Popular destination often require making reservations many months in advance depending their reservation system. 
To each his own, but we prefer private RV parks near an attraction, rather than staying at the attractions campground itself. 
good luck and safe travels. 

I rely on a few books available on Amazon. There is Fed, State, BLM, COE and my favorite, America City and Town Parks. 

Sascarpa
Explorer
Explorer

Hello everyone,  I'm Steve  and I live in CT. Retired bought a 5th wheel camper and I do intend to do some traveling.  I'm 61,single and ill be traveling alone. Looking forward to some great adventures.  

rabcon
Explorer II
Explorer II

IMG_0791.jpeg

Been a while , Now we are glade to be back. Rick & Patty and 3 fury friends, Molly Max &Copper

Tinner1161
Explorer II
Explorer II

My name is Patrick Im retired now about a year. I'm 56 male. I was supposed to have a travel companion,but she left me for a trip to heaven. Anyway I'm looking forward to a trip to California. I want to camp under the majestic redwood trees. These trees are amazing,some of them are 4,000 years old. Picture the tallest tree you have ever seen, probably 100 ft is about right. Now picture a tree 3 times that tall.

I'd like to do the same, I'm in CT  and want to travel. With my 5th wheel.