cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

atlanta traffic

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
going North on I-85 is the I-285 bypass East of atlanta a good choice?
I assume it would be better than going straight thru???????
thanks
bumpy
8 REPLIES 8

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
I-285 can be terrible. We always drive straight through going either east/west or north/south.

Rob

daughter just checked someplace and said that I-285 is the deadliest stretch of road in the country.
bumpy

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I've been through Atlanta hundreds of times.... 10am or 2pm works best for me.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
mljjdb wrote:
anybody familiar with 92/140 and finding our way to 124.. Not sure about with map i am looking at.

Multi-lane roads with lots of traffic and numerous traffic signals.
NE metro Atlanta area is where a lot of the new money lives and even around to the Stone Mtn area is crowded further east and south.
You will get tired of stopping and going if you are towing in that area and will irritate some other drivers (most are in a hurry)
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

mljjdb
Explorer
Explorer
anybody familiar with 92/140 and finding our way to 124.. Not sure about with map i am looking at.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Atlanta traffic can be a **** shoot. We see it flowing well and then 'something' will happen and it nearly or does stop. Sunday mornings are usually the best times for straight through travel. I-285 on the north side at I-85 north can get jammed but more likely in the morning and evening rush.
I might chance a straight thru if the weather is good during say, 10am to 3pm week days
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
I-285 can be terrible. We always drive straight through going either east/west or north/south.

True for most big cities.

The trick is to avoid rush hour. If you can hit the city before 6AM or after 7PM (assuming no big evening events) you should be able to sail right through.

Some cities are not real bad in the middle of the day either.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I live south of ATL off 85. Going north it normally is easier to go straight through. The 285 can be a mess, and the east side to me is the worst. Roads are rough, lanes crazy, and worse than the normal bad drivers in ATL.

Traffic is much better with people working from home.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015