Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

WV Turnpike--- where to get gas? Advice for newbies?

Hi, we are finishing up a month long camping trip--- we have a 35' travel trailer. We will be heading N on the WV turnpike from Winston-Salem, NC. We plan to leave with a full tank but in case we need to refuel.....any suggestions of where to get of...

Rjlew98 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Fuel stop near Vail

Hi folks.We are in Beaver Utah headed for Breckenridge, co.We are in A DP towing a Jeep.Any convenient fuel stops on the I-70 East near Vail or Frisco?Thanks.Dan

Atl, GA to Badlands and Yellowstone

We'll be leaving Atl, Ga last week of Aug heading to the badlands spending 5 0r 6 days then on to Yellowstone probably arrive sometime around the 2nd week of Sept. If someone has suggestions on other things to see along the way that would be apprecia...

US/Can entry and exit passport scanning plan

Don't get me wrong, this is not something I look forward to but, I thought all US and Canadian citizens would have their passports scanned entering and exiting the respective countries starting July 1 2014.Just crossed last night for a quickie shoppi...

gitane59 by Explorer III
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip to Quebec - french translation things

Hubby and I are planning a trip to Quebec province and we would really like to attempt French...although since I have no French speaking training I will absolutely murder the pronunciation. What should I get to bring with me...an old fashioned phra...

dcason by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Westward trip tomorrow

Well tomorrow morning we head west for about a 6 week trip. Leaving middle Tennessee headed up through St Louis and then out through Kansas. Probably be going through Colorado and on to Salt Lake City to visit my daughter there. After we leave there...

n4hwl by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Elkhart In to Hannibal Mo ?

We are heading home from the heart of RV's and are going to stop at Hannibal on the way home. On the way here, we came up 65. What a horrible ride, the road was one of the worst we have ever been on. I do not mind two lanes and do not want to take I-...

Bypassing Jasper for Canada Glacier NP

Sad to say we're starting the Southward trek of our Retirement Victory Tour to Alaska. Sitting in Haines now, heading over to a day trip to Skagway, then driving to Whitehorse in Tuesday to make an appointment to have the Honda CRV's suspension inspe...

Smitty77 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

sample itineraries aka not re-inventing the wheel

Last year, just before our trip to Newfoundland, we met a fellow traveler who had just spent 2 weeks there. Since we were goimg to be there for 3 weeks, he actually sent me his itinerary that he used, complete with what campground he stayed at.I kn...

soos by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondocking in Hyder?

I'm working on our 2015 itinerary. We want to spend 1-2 days at Hyder (mid-August) to see the bears and do some local sightseeing (Salmon glacier).I've read that the best thing to do to see bears is be there as they open the gates at 6AM, and again a...

AnneM by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Which first - the Cassiar or the Alcan?

We're planning a Seattle to Alaska and back trip for the summer of 2015. I read through the 2013 roll call thread's summary and am reading the 2014 one now, but since I haven't come across the info I need, I figured I might as well start a new dedica...

AnneM by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes