cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bella Coola BC

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I want to take the BC Ferry, Port Hardy to Bella Coola.

But the arrival time at Bella Coola is 2330.

Are there any decent boondocking places right at Bella Coola where I could get off the ferry, and rack out before heading east in the morning?
7 REPLIES 7

BC_Explorer
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
I Googled Bella Coola and offer this to you. Turn right when you come off the ferry. Drive up the road maybe 1/4 mile? There is a dirt road to the left. Goes up into the mountains. I am seeing clearings not far up the road. I'd scoot up there. Bella Coola is a small place, so, you don't go far to be away from buildings.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir//52.3706152,-126.8117993/@52.3688661,-126.8123786,16z/data=!4m2!4m1!3...

Gary Haupt

That is the Clayton Falls Rec area I mentioned in my last post. There is a power generating station which is run by BC Hydro and they maintain the day use area. No overnight parking signs are posted but not sure how actively the no parking is actually enforced.

Best bet is to contact the Harbour Authority as I am sure they have been asked about overnight parking in the area thousands of times over the years..

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I Googled Bella Coola and offer this to you. Turn right when you come off the ferry. Drive up the road maybe 1/4 mile? There is a dirt road to the left. Goes up into the mountains. I am seeing clearings not far up the road. I'd scoot up there. Bella Coola is a small place, so, you don't go far to be away from buildings.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir//52.3706152,-126.8117993/@52.3688661,-126.8123786,16z/data=!4m2!4m1!3...

Or just drive in to the buildings in town, pick a spot and crash. No one is going to ask you to leave.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

BC_Explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Parking at the Bella Coola Ferry is within Bella Coola Harbour Authourity area. They may allow you to park overnight near the BC Ferry dock but it much preferable to email first with expected day of arrival and they can advise.

Last time I was there in June 2012, I was allowed to park (not camp) overnight there. However friends who were there a month later were not allowed to park.

Contact info:

Email: bellacoolaharbour@gmail.com

Phone: 1-250-799-5633

Note that in the off season until June, the office hours are only half days (mornings usually) so take that into consideration when calling or emailing.

Regardless of where you spend the night, before you leave, take the short drive to the Clayton Falls Rec area. Some interesting and bygone history to see along the road and area.

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the powers that be. Can't see and issue at 23:30! Morning may be a different matter depending on the ferry schedule.
Check the BC Ferries schedule for Bella Coola.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
vic46 wrote:
How about the ferry landing parking lot.
Well that's what I'm thinking. I'm fully self-contained in a Class B, don't need much space or a plug in. Anyone done that there?

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
How about the ferry landing parking lot.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
When you get off the ferry just go to the Little Gnome camp ground great folks they will just even up with you in the morning. Bella Coola is a great place.