cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boise to Madras oregon

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Madras and Google maps says turn right on George Miliken Road to Prineville...does anyone know anything about this road? :h
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013
5 REPLIES 5

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
Gdlow wrote:
BruceMc wrote:
George Miliken road spans between US20 just west of Brothers to Prineville on US26. It is a good bypass if you want to avoid Bend. (which I highly suggest)
I have no experience with this road, but generally any paved road with center stripes and fog lines in central Oregon is fine.
Zooming in tight with satellite views shows it to be a good road. I see an 18 wheeler on the road via satellite.
I wouldn't hesitate to take it!

Thanks Guys...Never thought of the sat. views to see and follow the road...I'm never going to quit learning and using something new...:C

Took this route and it was a very nice road..but turned on GPS and it took us over thru Redmond to 97 then to Madras instead of going to Madras directly...not nearly as nice of road...AAH...Hindsight...
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Vale, turn North on Hwy 26 & follow it all the way to Madras. My opinion only, but I've been this way several times & I prefer the route.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
BruceMc wrote:
George Miliken road spans between US20 just west of Brothers to Prineville on US26. It is a good bypass if you want to avoid Bend. (which I highly suggest)
I have no experience with this road, but generally any paved road with center stripes and fog lines in central Oregon is fine.
Zooming in tight with satellite views shows it to be a good road. I see an 18 wheeler on the road via satellite.

Thanks Guys...Never thought of the sat. views to see and follow the road...I'm never going to quit learning and using something new...:C
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
LOL - I'm with BruceMc.....take the road, avoid Bend. ๐Ÿ™‚ Bend has NOT made the roads "friendly" with the route you'd have to take thru Bend.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L