Explorer
O.K. it is now time to stampede South!

navegator
15 REPLIES 15

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Amlo is insisting that no fuels be imported. Mexico does not produce ulsd. Someone posted a Gov. Website that listed fuel prices. I noticed that it stated the fuel would be from 15 to 500 ppm. 15 ir less is ulsd
Anything over that is just low sulfur. Playaboy are you seeing 2 different pumps at some stations?

Only one pump for diesel.

Diesel vehicles sold in Mexico do not require ULSD (UBA). So why sell it?

My Mexican diesel truck gets better mileage and has more power running Mexican diesel than running diesel fuel NOB.

There are some stations around me that pump farm diesel. My truck really likes that stuff.

I keep away from USA branded stations.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Amlo is insisting that no fuels be imported. Mexico does not produce ulsd. Someone posted a Gov. Website that listed fuel prices. I noticed that it stated the fuel would be from 15 to 500 ppm. 15 ir less is ulsd
Anything over that is just low sulfur. Playaboy are you seeing 2 different pumps at some stations?

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
Prices are all over the map depending on the source of the fuel and competing stations. Some stations have low prices because they are larger rest stops and offer many services.

In a five km radius here in Santiago,NL the prices range from 19.99 to 23 pesos for fuel.

The apps come in handy, it's a matter of getting used to them.

Is it all the same grade diesel? Some is UBA others pump BA.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Prices are all over the map depending on the source of the fuel and competing stations. Some stations have low prices because they are larger rest stops and offer many services.

In a five km radius here in Santiago,NL the prices range from 19.99 to 23 pesos for fuel.

The apps come in handy, it's a matter of getting used to them.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
I want to say 23.2

So where are you tonight? DRIVE SAFELY, and not in the dark!

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Tallyho. How much is Diesel?

Thanks

Talleyho69
A liter of Magna today was 21.3 pesos per liter here in Zihuatanejo, Guerrero on Hwy 200.

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
fuel is over $6.00 a gallon at the pump in canadian. that's a canadian dollar. the us is a bargain on fuel costs probably mexico also.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Canada/gasoline_prices/

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
So...gas prices *aren't* keeping people from traveling. Good to know.

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife called our normal CG in Florida yesterday. They are "OVERWHELMED" with reservations. Said they don't know why! DOH!

May not be able to get a reservation this winter due to canadians swarming in.

Not sure how I feel about this turn of events.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I have seen heavy RV Canadian neighbors heading south. They are maki ng a good break as weather is getting cold and wintery.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Can you blame them? It is getting colder and darker.

This is going to be a short lived opening. Get out while you can.

"Come to the light"

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Canadianโ€™s are heading south. One of the Toronto live morning stations had reporters at the Niagara crossings the morning the US started allowing visitors in. The camera man panned the lineups to US customs, about half of the vehicles waiting to clear customs were RVs . With all lanes open, the wait was 2-3 hours. US customs said the rush started at midnight and and peaked about 2:30 am. These snow birds must have been staging close to the border crossings.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is good news but please continue to be safe.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad