cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Border News

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
US border to Canada and Mexico will remain closed gor another month.
32 REPLIES 32

Talleyho69
And prices may vary.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Talleyho69 wrote:

To come to Mexico, you need nothing. In order to fly back to the US or Canada you have to have a negative COVID test within three days of arrival in that country. Both countries require different tests.

To fly from Canada directly to Mexico, you need to be fully vaccinated. You won't be allowed to board the plane in Canada without this. This is now Canadian requirement for all flights, including domestic.

US require antigen test from all air travellers, so if you fly from Canada to Mexico via the US, you need full vaccination and antigen test, cost about CAD 100.

To return to Canada from Mexico, you need a PCR test. Those are more expensive, starting from 4,000 pesos, and take 24-48 hours, not 1 hour like antigen test. Canada also accepts NAAT test, can be done in 2 hours, but it's not very common in Mexico.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lou Morris wrote:

Regarding the Mexico border, do you mean driving across? We heard this all last year yet crossed back and forth at both Nogales and Laredo with no issues. Just crossed at Nogales last month. Where or in what way is it closed?

Moisheh wrote "to Canada and Mexico". This for whom it is closed. They can't cross into the US.

There was a trilateral agreement signed in March 2020, closing both US land borders for tourists in either direction. Mexico didn't comply with the agreement from the day one, they never closed it for tourists. The closure was being extended by the US and Canada every month since then, no tourists across this border, only 2 weeks ago Canada allowed US tourists on the condition that they are fully vaccinated. US didn't reciprocate, both their borders are closed for tourists. People can still fly into the US from Canada (or Mexico) which doesn't make sense to me because the risk of spreading infection in the plane is much higher than when travelling in a car. CDC recently admitted that Canada is a lower risk than the US since vaccination rate in Canada is 70%, compared to 50% in the US.

Talleyho69
Yes, we having something like that here in Mexico. What information are you looking for?

To come to Mexico, you need nothing. In order to fly back to the US or Canada you have to have a negative COVID test within three days of arrival in that country. Both countries require different tests.

Come visit beautiful Mexico!!!!

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does Mexico or Canada have a CDC???? My 2nd VA test today showed me still negative and yes I have been vaccinated and wear mask like a good little boy. I guess one can still fly to MX or is that now forbidden???

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2, jdc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Talleyho69
The US cannot close their borders to everyone. Isn't allowed.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Getting into Mexico is no problem but Canadians cannot enter the USA by any land borders. I may ship my truck to MN. and fly to MSP. But getting back to the USA could involve flying. With the virus completely put of control I would not be shocked if land borders were closed to everyone. Or if that violates the US constitution quarantine could become mandatory

Talleyho69
Had a friend cross both ways at Lukeville three weeks ago and it was his first time not using Nogales. Says that if he has to go back to the US again it will be through Lukeville.

Here in Guerrero, and possibly for the entire country, we are supposed to wear masks all the time, and the police hand out masks to those that don't have one on.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Ed Gee wrote:Yes, the effects of COVID on vaccinated individuals are usually minimal....BUT YOU CAN STILL TRANSMIT THE VIRUS TO OTHERS! People keep ignoring this fact.... it is why even vaccinated persons should still wear a mask.

Yes but if we're vaccinated, have a negative covid test before crossing the border, and wear masks and do everything every state mandates, what's the issue.
And by the way, nobody is ignoring the facts.
2010 Suncruiser

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about heading to Mexico from the US sometime in October. Southbound border crossing usually not a problem through Lukeville, but we'll see how the weather is. Also planning a trip next February . Last February there seemed to be more mexican border guards but who knows. Mexican cops at the border town were out in force, so watch your speed.

Talleyho69
The US Mexico border is open, officially or not, it's open.

Lou_Morris
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
US border to Canada and Mexico will remain closed gor another month.

Regarding the Mexico border, do you mean driving across? We heard this all last year yet crossed back and forth at both Nogales and Laredo with no issues. Just crossed at Nogales last month. Where or in what way is it closed?
'07 Winne View
Jetta TDI

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ed_Gee wrote:
IB853347201 wrote:
Very disappointing! Even though we're vaccinated, and even if we catch Covid the effects will be minimal if at all, this closure continues.
A real bummer!

Yes, the effects of COVID on vaccinated individuals are usually minimal....BUT YOU CAN STILL TRANSMIT THE VIRUS TO OTHERS! People keep ignoring this fact.... it is why even vaccinated persons should still wear a mask.

Well said. Hopefully there will become a time wen everyone understands this.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
IB853347201 wrote:
Very disappointing! Even though we're vaccinated, and even if we catch Covid the effects will be minimal if at all, this closure continues.
A real bummer!

Yes, the effects of COVID on vaccinated individuals are usually minimal....BUT YOU CAN STILL TRANSMIT THE VIRUS TO OTHERS! People keep ignoring this fact.... it is why even vaccinated persons should still wear a mask.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad