cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada and back

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
So, I ask the wife if she wants to go visit friends in northern Idaho. She says she's super busy with book club, knitting club, sewing club, and master gardeners stuff. Oh...besides a few doctor's appointments. So, I go it alone. 900 miles each way. Nice, scenic drive. Spent 6 days visiting. They were off work the whole time. That was two weeks ago.

I get home last Sunday. On Wednesday, the wife asks if we could go visit two of her friends, one in Oregon, the other in Spokane Washington. Guess where I'm going next week?
10 REPLIES 10

Willcamp4
Explorer
Explorer
Road trip!!!
Willcamp4
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Crew Cab, Lariat, 6.7L PSTD, Air Lift rear suspension.
Alpenlite Valhalla Limited Fifth Wheel, two Solar panels, four six-volt batteries, two Honda EU2000i generators

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
Ed_Gee wrote:
Is social distancing involved with all this 'visiting' ?

All parties involved are seniors with astute awareness of the current conditions. Also, where we are going, the covid rates are similar to where we live, in Northern California. That is to say, no deaths, few new cases. When I was in Oregon, Washington, Montana and Idaho, every single person encountered was wearing a mask when in public. Nothing remotely close to the current disasters of SoCal, Phoenix and Dade County Florida.

Have to re-evaluate my last comment....and change it.....Just today found out a local person in our small Oregon coastal community went up to Salem to just visit friends.....and brought back COVID to our small town....we now have 12 cases and who knows how many more to come thanks to that needless trip. This running around the country in these serious times only serves to spread COVID faster..... sorry ...just this at risk person's opinion.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not likely, ksg.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
Ed_Gee wrote:

All parties involved are seniors with astute awareness of the current conditions. Also, where we are going, the covid rates are similar to where we live, in Northern California. That is to say, no deaths, few new cases. When I was in Oregon, Washington, Montana and Idaho, every single person encountered was wearing a mask when in public. Nothing remotely close to the current disasters of SoCal, Phoenix and Dade County Florida.

I would accept that explanation..... but this Oregon resident is being even more proactive..... Good luck on your trip.....and enjoy.
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds great to me. Any excuse for a road trip and I'm in. Have fun!
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
ksg5000 wrote:
jdc1 wrote:
On Wednesday, the wife asks if we could go visit two of her friends, one in Oregon, the other in Spokane Washington. Guess where I'm going next week?

Good question. Carl's Jr? Not sure my wife would have the guts to ask me to take a long trip to visit her friends after she declined to take similar trip to visit mine - especially when both trips could have been combined.

My wife knows she's spoiled. 35 years together. She wants. She gets. I could have easily said NO, but, I, just as most people on this site, want to venture out before I grow too old to drive the beasts we so much love.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ed_Gee wrote:

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
On Wednesday, the wife asks if we could go visit two of her friends, one in Oregon, the other in Spokane Washington. Guess where I'm going next week?

Good question. Carl's Jr? Not sure my wife would have the guts to ask me to take a long trip to visit her friends after she declined to take similar trip to visit mine - especially when both trips could have been combined.
Kevin

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Oh well, at least her friends aren't in Caribou Maine or Key West Florida. Enjoy the trip!!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress