cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clam Beach RV Resort Rosarita Beach

Linda_Z
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone familiar with this RV park? Pitiful few mentions that I could find anywhere on line. The good, bad and ugly are welcome.

Thanks.

Linda Z
8 REPLIES 8

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....just took a look at 2013 INEGI (Instituto Nacional de Estadรญstica y Geografรญa) aerial imagery of Clam Beach Resort, and indeed this facility couldn't be any closer to the beach (unless you wanted to float it as an artificial island).

There IS indeed a beach, and at high tide (this time of year) I measure an average of 48.55 meters of beach-head exposed (about that + 4 meters to the 1st row of camp sites). At low tide (this time of year) you have ~~26.2 meters of exposed "clean beach" + that expanse up to the 1st row of camp sites. There is driving access to "the beach" from behind the main building (the 1st building you see as you enter through the gate), however, getting to the beach head with your "jeep" could be difficult (because of man-made posts/placed stones).
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Linda_Z
Explorer
Explorer
The Pacific side is 20 degrees cooler than La Paz in the summer. On average.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
In winter Rosarito is definitely cooler than La Paz, but I'm not so sure about summer. Same heat, only less humidity in September. If there is a seawall, than the "expansive sandy beach" is probably more like a tidal flat where you can walk in a low tide.

Linda_Z
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, they dropped the rates for 2014 -- Beachfront is 440.00.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Clam Beach Resort

From the photos it looks nice. $500 for beach front.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

iamalienru
Explorer
Explorer
I drove my car to Clam Beach I was looking at places to take the MH. It's not a bad looking park they were still doing work on the place. There are some full timers there the area near the club house is maintained nicely but once you get to the back camping area they have pretty much let it go. it looked like due to lack of use they didn't feel a need to keep it maintained. It seemed to be a secure facility. I would probably stay there. when i went they were doing a lot of work on the roads near the boarder at the TJ crossing. It took us better than 2 hours to get across. the narrow roads due to construction is not where I want to take my 40' motorhome I will wait until those conditions get better
Tom

Linda_Z
Explorer
Explorer
I asked for and received additional photos. Small sea wall and a huge, expansive sandy beach. Also had asked about security and they do have on-site security during the summer months and a secondary gate (don't know what that means) inside the park. Also, security cameras throughout. Currently in La Paz -- just looking for a place to escape the summer heat.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
I looked it up as a possible stop on the way down Mex1, appears to be a typical park of this area, fenced, gated, beach-less and faceless. Here it is on the old page of On the Road In (you won't find it in new page): Clam Beach.

Note the open gate and empty security booth. Also typical for many parks - they only man the booth on weekends. Scroll down for more photos. It says "on the ocean" but doesn't show any beach, and I suspect that like many other parks in the area, it has no beach - only embankment with boulders. There are probably better photos on Google Earth.

Very few parks with "beach" in the name actually have a beach, and there are definitely no clams.

Eventually decided to stop past Ensenada in a camp called Mona Lisa. A bit cheaper than neighboring Estero Beach. Needless to remind about negotiating a price in small owner-operated parks in Mexico (not sure that Clam falls in this category).

Ask at Baja Nomads forum maybe.