cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conn rest stop at exit 1 on 84

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to Gatlinburg today. Getting late start and need somewhere to stay heading south around Danbury. I know the rest area is great but it's on the north bound side. Anybody know how to get there while heading south bound on 84. And then in the morning getting back on the south bound. We are in a 45' MH towing a truck.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S
6 REPLIES 6

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
It was tighter then it ever has been. They have finished the hotel and the horses were running. Still doable, but our 45' with toad had a hard time negotiating some of the turns with all the cars. They don't call it the over sized vehicle lot anymore so everyone parks there. Across the street is a large dirt lot that would work. One TT parked there.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Roadpilot wrote:
Thanks everyone. We made it all the way to Mohegan Sun in Wilkes Barre.

how was the parking at Mohegan Sun there?..want to use it end of the month?
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. We made it all the way to Mohegan Sun in Wilkes Barre.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't traveled that way in quite a while, but I remember there being rest areas both ways between exits 16 and 17. There are another pair, but they are over the river in New York.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
ct1964ups wrote:
Roadpilot wrote:
We are heading to Gatlinburg today. Getting late start and need somewhere to stay heading south around Danbury. I know the rest area is great but it's on the north bound side. Anybody know how to get there while heading south bound on 84. And then in the morning getting back on the south bound. We are in a 45' MH towing a truck.

there is an exit to get off going westbound...goes left under the hwy into the rest area and then you return same way to continue on...Chuck

Thanks! I looked at that on mapquest and it looks like we can get to the rest area that way, but it appears the road back is one way and you can only exit the rest area east bound? Can you simply retrace your steps??

Again thanks.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Roadpilot wrote:

there is an exit to get off going westbound...goes left under the hwy into the rest area and then you return same way to continue on...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES