Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CPAP and CBD oil

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have issues with taking CBD oil or a CPAP into Mexico??? P
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend
32 REPLIES 32

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Like any border crossing or airport in the world, you are left to aduanal agent criteria and their lack of knowledge of national laws.

Why take a risk when you could research and find that in Mexico, you can buy your CBD products locally.

Not worth the risk or hassle.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
Do you agree than products are available here, and that bringing it in with you is not legal?

We know that you are well read and stay informed.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Talleyho69 wrote:
I just read several of the articles. It looks like yes, CBD is legal and available in Mexico.

What is NOT legal is bringing it into the country. So the catch would be sourcing it here.

It is definitely available on Mercado Libre, a version of eBay that works well here. It is also available on Amazon.mx.

X2. COFEPRIS (Comisiรณn Federal para la Protecciรณn contra Riesgos Sanitarios) regulates new drugs, use of marijuana and CBD products. They are slowly releasing permits for the sell of CBD related products. I am currently in San Miguel de Allende and there is a business here that specializes in CBD oils. So there are more around the country.

I would investigate the COFEPRIS website or articles online, but you would have to do that in Spanish and then translate them if you are not fluent in Spanish.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
I just read several of the articles. It looks like yes, CBD is legal and available in Mexico.

What is NOT legal is bringing it into the country. So the catch would be sourcing it here.

It is definitely available on Mercado Libre, a version of eBay that works well here. It is also available on Amazon.mx.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I would never cross the Mexican border with that oil. It does not matter what is on the label. I would not even cross from Canada to the US with that product

Talleyho69
I agree with the comments above, and have been following the news here in Mexico, as does Navegator.

The CPAP machine is not a problem, people fly in with them regularly.

CBD is legal in Mexico, it's just not OK to bring it in with you.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Perscription opioids with the perscrition are alawed, with out the perscription they are narcotics contaband.

navegator

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
MNGeeks61 wrote:
Cruises are another place where CBD oil is not allowed. Period.
Some laws are just silly. I guess prescription opioids must be not be allowed either.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
How the heck would anyone know what you're carrying? Especially old white people in an RV?

ha. Although I agree with you, it depends on your personal level of risk and avoidance...

Cruises are another place where CBD oil is not allowed. Period.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
How the heck would anyone know what you're carrying? Especially old white people in an RV?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
My wife takes CBD oil for pain relief. I checked into it, and the US labels it as having NO THC, or the minimum THC which is .3%. If it is hemp-derived it should not have much, but that still could be too much.

I am no expert on traveling with it (working on that,as we are going on a cruise) but Mexico could very well have difficulty with it, even if it is labeled "without THC" if it has a chance of containing it.

edit: for those who wish to read up on it...google is easy enough, but here's the gist of it.

click

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
You'll have no problem with the CPAP. The CBD oil may contain trace amounts of THC - which could land you in a Mexican jail.

Rob

There was an article on the news today about CBD oil, it also said there is a trace amount of THC.
I would not attempt to take it across the border, to me it's just asking for problems.
Unless someone posts specific rules covering CBD oil and crossing the border, I would not take the chance. But, that's me.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The CPAP machine will not be a problem, they have those in Mexico.

On the other hand mariguana is a schedule 1 narcotics as are heroin, cocain, opium and some percription drugs used to manufacture other halucinogenic products, the CBD oil fals in this schedule 1 clasification regardless of use or purpose.

Mexican jails are not nice

navegator

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Rob.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend