cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delaware Memorial Bridge tolls

slay
Explorer II
Explorer II
I recently drove my MH with toad across the Delaware Memorial Bridge on I-95 from New Jersey to Delaware. The toll was $20. A call today to the bridge authority confirmed that if you have a dual-wheel MH with car attached you will be charged the $5 per axle rate rather than the $10 rate for a MH and $4 rate for a car. If you disconnect before the bridge and drive the car separately you pay $14. The difference, $6. Is it worth stopping and disconnecting the car before the bridge and reattaching the car after paying the toll? That's up to you.

By the way, if you leave New Jersey into Pennsylvania via I-78 or I-80 you should be charged the two-axle truck rate and than the car rate, not the four-axle truck rate. Pay cash, E-ZPass will bill you the higher 4-axle rate.
Steve and Vivian
2013 Winnebago Vista 35F
2016 Ford Fiesta pushing from behind
Coffee is the sustenance of life
1 REPLY 1

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
People are not going to stop, disconnect, then re-connect for the difference, and they know that. Maryland does the same thing, as does Florida. I questioned Florida Turnpike authorities about that, probably 10 years ago. "That's the way it is". Why? Because they can.
Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State