cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Durango Villas Argon Motel

peterth
Explorer
Explorer
We got our room, 290.00 pesos, but it was to grungy to stay in so we used it for showers and bathroom. We slept in our coach and the first night were rudely awakened by some one trying to open the basement doors. He was on the other side of the lot by the time I got out there as he must have heard us inside. A first for us in Mexico. We did move to where we were more in view of the office. The sewer smell in the lot was terrible quite often. Hopefully some one will find a better place to stay in Durango. We took just the car and drove the old highway to Mazatlan and found there was lots of road widening and new pavement. The new pavement was the smoothest I have ever driven on in Mexico, that contractor needs to do all of Mexico. We stayed overnight in Mazatlan and came back on the new highway some rough areas and lots of construction,hopefully they will get it fixed. Visited the old movie sets just north of Durango where a lot of westerns were made, Villa Oste and Chupaderos and the downtown street with the stars on the sidewalk and the movie actors names, also statues of many of them like John Wayne and Clark Gable.

We did overnight at the Hotel Baruk in Zacatacas, YIKES!!! 350.00 pesos for the night to listen to trucks and trains all night.

So far Bugamvilla Rv Park was the best, a peacefull country setting, but no wifi and the restuarant never opened. It was nice to catch the bus on the highway, go into the city and not have to worry about traffic and finding a place to park.The night before we left Carlos came by to say good bye as he would not be seeing us in the morning as he was going to Zacatacas to check on the construction of an RV Park, he would not offer any further info so will have to keep a watch on this.

After leaving Durango we overnighted at a Pemex just south of Delicias Chih. on 45D nice parking lot ,free showers and all they ask is for us to support the station and restuarant. We had dinner there and brekfast special in the morning 50.00 pesos fantastic.

We are in Cuauhtemoc at what was once Lowens RV Park. It has been dismantled as such but does have some sites with water and sewer and no electric for 90.00 pesos a night. We are on our way to Creel but stopped here to get some work done on the coach. It is now done and will be on our way in the morning.
3 REPLIES 3

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Baleanario San Juan in Durango will take RV's, only issue is, it is very lonely out there at night. We used it for a caravan with no issues, but the local police parked a guy outside the gate all night. I doubt they would do that for one rig, so Aragon is the only option I am aware of. Once again only ever done it as a group so no issues. I parked near the office.

peterth
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Chris
Bugamvilla is 7kms from Guanajuato. We stayed there for a week and toured a lot of the city. Enjoyed it.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Hi Peter,

Is Bugamvilla outside of Zacatecas? If so, how far is it from town? We are looking for a place for a week in July.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog