cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse 2017

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
August 21, 2017, but if you follow that stuff you already know that. Oregon State Parks in the path are all full, RV parks in the path are charging Super Bowl prices, and some have a waiting list.

Eclipse info

Eclipse info
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic
18 REPLIES 18

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
As others have noted most campgrounds and RV parks along the path of totality are sold out and many have waiting lists.

Camping sites in Oregon State Parks, along the path of totality, were sold out within an hour of becoming available. In like manner, most (if not all) private campgrounds and RV Parks are also sold out with some having waiting lists available to fill possible cancellations.

The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is hosting a Solar Eclipse Viewing Party at the Oregon State Fairgrounds in Salem. They have RV sites available (as of today) but they are without hookups. Information can be found here. Eclipse Camping at Oregon State Fairgrounds in Salem

We're avid amateur astronomers and started working on this months ago. We have reservations at two campgrounds and are on the waiting list for third. For the time being, we've settled for a site in an RV park at the fairgrounds in Corvallis, OR where we have family. We'd rather be on the coast and are on the waiting list for the Premier RV Resort in Lincoln City. (We started at #42 on the waiting list and as of yesterday, 2/7, had moved to #37. The park staff noted that smaller RV's, like ours, are moving up the list faster than longer ones.)
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
IF our RV is delivered in time we'll park on DEC land in NYS to get a view. No guarantees on any end and it'll only be a partial eclipse at that end.

No RV?
We'll view the eclipse from a friends' land and stay in a S+B for the duration.
Gotta have friends and/or a backup plan.

wyocowboy00
Explorer
Explorer
From what I have heard, in Casper, WY all motels, hotels, & RV parks are booked up. I plan to boondock out in the wilderness for this event.
2012 Chev. Silverado 3500HD DRW 4 X 4
2013 Arctic Fox 992 240 watts solar
Jerry & Judy

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:
I can't remember what I did yesterday and NO IDEA what tomorrow is for and you want me to remember to do something in AUGUST?!?! lol

Could you send me that $20 you promised?
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
oldcat1 wrote:
Last October we reserved a site at an Oregon RV park in the center of the path. A 95 site park and there were two open sites. Just sayin'

Safe travels.

Which park? I haven't checked all the private ones yet. Just the ones I knew about.
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
I can't remember what I did yesterday and NO IDEA what tomorrow is for and you want me to remember to do something in AUGUST?!?! lol
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Last October we reserved a site at an Oregon RV park in the center of the path. A 95 site park and there were two open sites. Just sayin'

Safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
cpaulsen wrote:
Isaac-1 wrote:
It should be noted that many state parks in the path of totality had special early reservations which are already filled.

Oregon did not change their reservation schedule....still 9 months.

Correct and they filled within about an hour!

If you read further in, they are going to set a period of time to reserve the 'held for drive up' sites. I am planning on driving out somewhere in Eastern OR and just parking. Checking with my ADVrider buds for suggestions.
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:
RideSlow wrote:
August 21, 2017, but if you follow that stuff you already know that. Oregon State Parks in the path are all full, RV parks in the path are charging Super Bowl prices, and some have a waiting list.

Eclipse info

Eclipse info

Never heard of that Road or Route!!!

Couldn't think of a better place to put it.
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
cpaulsen wrote:
Isaac-1 wrote:
It should be noted that many state parks in the path of totality had special early reservations which are already filled.

Correct and they filled within about an hour!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Isaac-1 wrote:

cpaulsen

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I called one of our favorite places, Kahneeta, which is center path and high desert for a potential clear sky. I called the day the reservation period started. She said they have been booked for years but would take my name for a possible call back. My guess is Marketing is compiling a list to help determine what their "Special Event" rate will be.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
RideSlow wrote:

Eclipse info

Eclipse info

Never heard of that Road or Route!!!
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer