cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Night before Christmas

Talleyho69
We live directly across the street from an extremely high end, very secure condo complex that is tied into the most expensive hotel in Zihuatenjo.

It's their celebration. Last year we decided it was their posada event. This year, who knows, but it's fun to watch and listen to.

We can't see a lot, but there is music-not too bad brass, lots of drum, and loads of enthusiasm. They are having their event in the parking lot and so far the car alarms have gone off three times.

It's not late, currently almost 8:30pm. They might have just finished, but maybe not.

What a delightful event! We danced on our deck until dinner, and are about to again. Can they see us? Probably not, but that isn't the point. The point? It's the holiday season, they are celebrating something, maybe Christmas, maybe aguliandos, who knows.

Either way, it's fun to be across from, hear, see (a very little bit of) and send great thoughts to.

We LOVE living in Mexico and hope you come to visit and maybe stay!
2 REPLIES 2

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
We just finished celebrating an early Cristmas with our friends from Toluca, since they are going to theire families on the 24th, me being of Skandinavian desent I am celebrating the longest night as a good Viking, good mead and roasted pig, "AKA Costco ham in a red bag and Cerveza Nochebuena", and yes I have a big sword and no the helmet does not have horns that is an English invention, tomorrow I will make peace with Huitzilopochtli and ofer some tortillas and chiles to the four winds I will do a sacrifice from the observation dek, I will cut de-pit and eat an aguacate in his name.

Lots of posadas and fiestas de Navidad, the aginaldo was given on the 15th but heck a good fandango is always engoyed, you guys need to learn a good zapateado.

Señoras y señores y todos los presentes pasen un buen fin de semana.

navegator

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
December 21, 2018, Friday is the Winter Solstice. It's the shortest day, longest night in the Northern hemosphere.

It's also a day and night with religious, cultic, and spiritual celebrations and homages to gods and demons alike. It has connections to dark and mysterious connections with Stonehenge too. For a number of people it's totally an insignificant day of the year.

I look forward to day light hours getting longer now, which means warm weather will be coming back soon.

Not knowing the festivals or celebrations in Mexico, regardless of the root of their gayity and festivity, it's great when folks can enjoy themselves with such fun.