cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GA on high alert

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
They're in the path of a serious ice storm and are expecting heavy accumulations that will cause power outages and impassable roads for much the rest of this week.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
7 REPLIES 7

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now Raleigh, NC has a traffic ice jam with stranded motorists and the scenes look like Atlanta did 2 weeks ago. I wonder who snoozed at the com post there?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Well, at least they learned from the last ice storm.

Most do not and are doomed to repeat failure over and over.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
From the news it's pretty apparent that Georgia is real afraid of having their heads on the chopping block again. I wouldn't doubt it if they shut the ENTIRE highway down to traffic so they don't have a repeat of what happened last time! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
The worst semi accident I ever saw was in Florida on the Turnpike near Ft. Myers. Nasty.

rockhillmanor wrote:

On the lighter side I also see Georgia bought some salt for the roads! :B

Yep. This time their FEMA guy wasn't asleep at the com.

Magnus

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
The just banned all semi's off the interstate there.

NOT TRUE!!!!!!

http://www.gmta.org/2014-winter-weather-advisory-information/

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
The just banned all semi's off the interstate there. IMHO that is THE BEST thing they could have done.

s! :B

I could agree more! I lived and worked in the Atlanta area for 10 years and semi-accidents occurred almost daily. In any kind of weather event they are a real problem. I have nothing against trucks or truck drivers but it is amazing to me that they use so little judgement in situations like this. It seems the transport companies would not want their valuable rigs piled up on an interstate for days. lizzie

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
The just banned all semi's off the interstate there. IMHO that is THE BEST thing they could have done.

Look at the pictures of the last pile up, the front runners of that deadly pile up were all semi's.

In all my travels I constantly see those semi's running at unsafe speeds in rain, sleet, and snow. It's about time somewhat recognized 'they' cause accidents when road conditions become unsafe due to weather conditions, I have never seen them slow down.:(

On the lighter side I also see Georgia bought some salt for the roads! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.