Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gasoline in Mexico

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Story about gasoline in Mexico......

http://www.businessinsider.com/christmas-gas-shortages-weaknesses-in-mexicos-oil-industry-2016-12

I never make web addresses clickable because many people do not like to click on unknown links.
38 REPLIES 38

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Fuel shortages are not new to Mexico, the event is called a "gasolinazo" they hide the fuel in order to raise the price, around September we could hardly find canned cat food, I had to go to at least 4 different stores to be able to get some cans, this is normal procedure for doing business in Mexico, once they raise the price there will be plenty of fuel, same as the cat food the cans were 0.50 centavos more per can, the only thing is that when fuel prices go down in the world, Mexican fuel does and will not go down, prices in Mexico never go down, people just accept the BS as is and live with it.

Que podemos hacer? pues nada!....what can we do? well nothing!

Happy new expensive gas year, nimodo!

navegator

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Slightly off topic but along the gas lines at gas stations theme. A couple times a week we pass the Costco in Rancho Mirage (Palm Springs area) . There is typically a 20 to 30 minute lineup to get gas. Over the holiday season that has stretched to at least a 45 minute line up, cars two lanes wide back out onto the street essentially blocking traffic. I've never understood this, how much cheaper is costco gas for someone to wait in line 45 minutes.

Glad we drive electric vehicles. ๐Ÿ™‚
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Grenadiers
Explorer
Explorer
We're north of PV in Lo de Marcos, up and down hwy 200 people are weaving in and out of Pemex's to look for gas. Road is almost empty, would be nice to go somewhere, but no gas for our Jeep. 1/1/17
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
From Linares to Laredo on Hwy 85 there are no issues whatsoever. Like Russ says, what can you do about the price?

My take is simple. We are now joining the world markets. Out of over 200 revolutions that have taken place in the last 300 years, only three actually did anything to improve the human condition in the respective country. Mexico was not one of the three.

We are now paying the price for the results of the revolution, nationalization of companies including Pemex, and their over zealous unions.

Change is here and it has a price. In a year, all this will level out and we will see price fluctuations like any other country.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
So far no shortages in Ciudad Satelite, North of Mexico City no lines at the gas stations, we have a lot of politicos that live here, we have more Police and "Guarulas" black dressed characters with AK 47's and dark tinted window SUV's, just around the corner, so no shortage of fuel.

navegator

P.S. Happy expensive new year, lo que sera sera! nimodo

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Russ, what is going on in PP. We will come down full but that won't do it for the month we will be there

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will be what it will be...period. You can try to figure it out but at the end of the day.......you need it? they got it. Period. Want to protest against it?...stay home and don't go anywhere. I will pay what the Government says I need to pay when I need to use my car. Period....and so will you no matter where you live.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

crandle
Explorer
Explorer
My other suggestion would be to hire a taxi to lead you to where they sell gas. This is a good tip for whenever you get lost in Mexico. We have done it a few times.

crandle
Explorer
Explorer
A friend in SMA is reporting her friends in Lake Chapala are stranded. No gas available anywhere. She advised them:

Walk/drive around and watch for small tiendas and even private residences with "NO FUMAR" signs out front. This is a code saying they have gasoline for sale. Is it legal or illegal? Who cares? If you need gas, you need gas. It will probably come in pop or water bottles and it will probably be expensive but if you need it....

Viajera1
Explorer
Explorer
Mexico opened up the market and there are China stations in CDMX now. Don't remember the name. This was in June, so it will take a while for the company to expand..

Talleyho69
All well in Zihuatanejo, Guerrero. Filled up the toad today.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone buying gas in Mexico?????

Pemex

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php?zona=qroo&idSeccion=15&idTitulo=527581

Pipeline problem / gas shortage

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Not only are there 13 states with supply problems prices are going up on Jan.1. They will vary from one state to another and one district to another. Magna in Sonora will vary from 17.6 to 18.4. I think the prices will be valid for one month.

Moisheh

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
they,are the members of opec you know the oil guru,s who can change the number of oil pumped per day which will change the supply and up the price.they just cut the supply starting this month and the price has started up all ready. just my opinion but $3.00 gas by may.

Well.... oh, never mind.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.