cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-40 thru Knoxville

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
There has been bridge work being done on both east and west bound I-40 with significant delays. Its between the I-75 connections. I have been stuck in it and it is, or can be, a long wait.
3 REPLIES 3

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
ken56 wrote:
There has been bridge work being done on both east and west bound I-40 with significant delays. Its between the I-75 connections. I have been stuck in it and it is, or can be, a long wait.

Isn't I640 a bypass good for through traffic?

No, it is on the east end of the construction. At least this past weekend they had 2 lanes open. The previous work weekend they had it down to 1 lane in each direction and it was MISERABLE!
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:

Isn't I640 a bypass good for through traffic?
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
I-40 through Knoxville has been under construction with delays for at least 50 years so far.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.