cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-405 Washington State

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling south to I-90 on I-450. What kind of traffic can I expect around 11AM Tuesday 8-25 We are heading to Moses Lake,WA we are now in Bellingham WA
Pulling 35' fiver with Dodge RAM CTD
Thanks!
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06
14 REPLIES 14

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
OP here, Again, thanks for all of the replies.
For anyone interested, I did take I-405 to I-90 today. Hit the I-405/I-5 junction at 11:0 7AM, 22min.later I merged onto I-90.(lucky timing!) Easy drive, just a couple of slow big rigs that I got stuck behind for a couple of miles. Over the pass and into Moses Lake was a breeze. Though they could use a lot more repair work on I-90
(Smoke not too bad at Moses Lake)
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can expect whatever the online traffic flow maps show. We see these kinds of questions all the time - I think the maps will be a lot more accurate than the guesses on here.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne wrote:
jamesu wrote:
Take it from a local when I'm driving or towing east over I-90/Snoqualmie Pass and I want to be rid of the I-5/405 "Monster": coming from Bellingham take US2 east at Everett to Monroe and then take WA203 south from Monroe and pick up eastbound I-90 at either Preston or at North Bend. This is a beautiful drive through the Snoqualmie River Valley and It by passes the freeway from lynnwood thru Issaquah. WA203 is a good, 2 lane 50-55 mph highway through small towns. You may or may not save time, but your nerves will thank you. Been taking that route for years as did my dad before me.

Absolutely, you won't be sorry.

x3. I preferred to enter 90 at Preston.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
jamesu wrote:
Take it from a local when I'm driving or towing east over I-90/Snoqualmie Pass and I want to be rid of the I-5/405 "Monster": coming from Bellingham take US2 east at Everett to Monroe and then take WA203 south from Monroe and pick up eastbound I-90 at either Preston or at North Bend. This is a beautiful drive through the Snoqualmie River Valley and It by passes the freeway from lynnwood thru Issaquah. WA203 is a good, 2 lane 50-55 mph highway through small towns. You may or may not save time, but your nerves will thank you. Been taking that route for years as did my dad before me.

Absolutely, you won't be sorry.

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
For excellent traffic info, tune in to KOMO radio on AM 1000; they will keep you posted on traffic conditions on I-5, I-405, and I-90.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
No delays on traffic map last Tues at 11am

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/data/tools/traffic/maps/archive/ArchiveMapDisplay.aspx?PickDate=2015-08-18%2...

http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/seattle/traveltimes/reliability/

Their travel time estimator gives 22 min Lynnwood to Bellevue at this time of the day. That's for 16 miles, or an ideal time of 16 min.

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a smartphone consider downloading "Waze" traffic app. Should give you a heads up to events. Avoid I405 beyond 2pm.

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from there spent 4 days visiting my daughter. Makes no difference what time you travel the 405 it's always backed up Makes no difference what time you travel any of those highways it's always a mess. I got into one traffic mess at 11:30 in the morning I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for three hours. So relax and know that it makes no difference put a deck of cards in the truck so you have something to keep you entertained. 🙂

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
restlesswind wrote:
Thanks for the info! Next stop, Moses Lake. A lot warmer than here in Bellingham, sorry to leave such nice weather...But...

Can you say SMOKE,, ? ,, Lots and lots of smoke.

I-405 mid day should be doable. heavy but doable. save you self a lot of anguish use #2.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info! Next stop, Moses Lake. A lot warmer than here in Bellingham, sorry to leave such nice weather...But...
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Fleet Man wrote:
Just do it. You should be OK but you can never predict traffic conditions in the greater Seattle area. Typically, that should be a good time window to transit from I-5 at Lynnwood to I-90 at Bellevue.

What he said.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Just do it. You should be OK but you can never predict traffic conditions in the greater Seattle area. Typically, that should be a good time window to transit from I-5 at Lynnwood to I-90 at Bellevue.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOTS of traffic.