cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jacksonville FL to Pigeon Forge TN to Evansville IN

chalindamelarle
Explorer
Explorer
What would be the safest route to travel from point A to B to C? I've driven that route a few times to see family, but never in an RV. I would like to avoid any steep grade roads and twisty turns. Also, how many days will it take to get to TN from FL? We are in no rush at all. I tried planning an impossible trip last year and was told that traveling in an RV is completely different than a car. I appreciate an advice.
7 REPLIES 7

Admin
Moved to Roads and Routes

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

chalindamelarle
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about that, I notified the moderator. We will not be pulling a car btw.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hendersonville NC good place to stop. Lot of stuff to see in that general area. Asheville is more touristy. You should stop at Bushes Beans on 411, plenty of parking and good food.

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP would help by letting us know what type of RV. We use 40, 26, & 95 regularly between IN and the East coast of FL to avoid 75 through GA (and of course Atlanta.) We're towing a fifth wheel with a diesel pickup. "Safest" is tough to describe, but I think our route is safer than 75. You must be ready for long grades in NC and TN and turns on 40 through the mountains. We have taken 26 through Johnson City to avoid construction on 40--from memory it has some long steep grades. You've got to be comfortable driving the RV on these roads. Definitely stick to Interstates through NC and eastern TN.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BTW You're in the wrong forum. Click on Notify Moderator and request a change to Roads and Routes. 🙂
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Generally using the interstate roads will be the best. Each leg could be 1 day, but I would take 2 days. Maybe more if stopping at interesting areas to explore.

Perhaps Google the route and see what's of interest along the route.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
If possible, try to limit yourself to 4 or 5 hours a day driving. Yes most folks can do more, but to make the trip less stressful 5 hours is a nice easy number. The interstate route of 530 miles is an easy 2 day run. 95 to 26 to 40 to 411 .
As to mountains, are you pulling a toad? Interstates tend to have fewer really steep sections than secondary roads, but are also less interesting as far as things to see and do.