cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

La Paz RV parts

ledcomp
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know where to get RV parts in La Paz? We will be needing materials for a new roof on a TT. A place for general RV parts would also be nice to know.

thanks
11 REPLIES 11

ledcomp
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info. we will know more when we get there.

Turtle-Toad
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to post your questions for La Paz on the Baja Nomad Forum. They will have up-to-date info for anything Baja.
Turtle & Toad, On the Road
37' Georgetown XL w/3 slides, 1 1/2 bath, & 595 watts of solar power
06 Taco TRD (for "Off the Road")
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here
Only States/Provinces that I have spent at least a week in are shown

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
School of Hard knocks

Once you apply anything overtop an OEM roof, it ALL has to come off if you decide to re-roof back north of the border. A tightly bound tarp (lona) may work.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
As Chris says above - we found a hydraulic hose but not at any RV type store - had to drive 120 miles to Guadalajara to a hose specialty store to get the correct hose and fittings - not all RV parts are RV specific so you may find what you need elsewhere - as state above there are roof coatings of various types that can be found - sometimes you have to be creative and thing out of the box - most important thing about any roof coating is that the surface and coating be compatible and that the coating is going to stick permanently and not start peeling off due to exposure to elements such as Sun and salt air.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
The Only RV Service that I have found on the Baja is called Wahoo RV . They are located in San Jose del Cabo.

It has been several Years since We were over there . They also serviced The many LP Gas Appliances that were common in that part of Baja.

As others have indicated there are several places that sell Roofing Materials that should work in Your case.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
It's called Thermtek and that is the product I was referring to. Here is a video. Their product sure beats paying a couple of grand to replace a rubber roof. We had it on our 40ft travel trailer, worked great.

Thermotek Video.

In the video the manufacturer recommends diluting the product depending on the application, similar to oil and water based paints sold in Mexico. On the product container are instructions for dilution and application type.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
If your roof I what is commonly referred to as a "rubber" roof you will not find the product in Mexico. However if the material is more or less intact an has gotten thin you can find all kinds of "impermiabilizante". These are Elastomeric coatings. Comes in 5 gallon buckets. There are various qualities and they are rated by "years". You can also get a fabric that you lay down on top of a wet bed of the product for reinforcing. Can be applied with a roller or brush. If there are any tears in the roof I would use the sealant as a glue for the tears and make sure you cover that tear with the fabric. Easy and quick to apply. The roof should be clean. Make sure that the wood under your roof is not soft or sagging. Also do not apply the sealant too thick. It is heavy! Any paint or hardware store carries the sealant. Home Depot as well. There are all kinds of entrepreneurs that will do the work. Make sure they do NOT thin out the material with water. Famous Mexican trick! I hope you do not plan on towing this unit back to the USA.

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Lots of options available these days in Mexico. Consider the fact that most Mexican construction is flat roof. There are all kinds of fiber, rubber, and thermal roof products available at hardware stores, Home Depots, etc. in Mexico and probably at a much lesser cost.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

ledcomp
Explorer
Explorer
im not sure what we need. I have not seen it. I am thinking EPDM but im open to suggestions. This ia a TT that is temporarily on the property during construction of a house. it will be needed for a year or two.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Could you post what it is you are looking for? There is a good chance that the items are available but not from an rv store (although there is one in Monterrey).

I say this after BrianSue had to replace a hydraulic hose and fitting on his motorhome levelers. All items were found, hose and connector made in less than fifteen minutes, and a complete success. They even carried the same manufacturer parts.

You might get lucky. (Brian, did I get that right?)
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
RV parts are very scarce, almost non-existant in Mexico. In 12 years of RVing in mainland Mexico I have yet to see any. Not sure about Baja, but I wouldn't hold my breath.