cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lake of the Ozarks-FLW Recreation Area-Anyone?

navvets
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone traveled from I-44W to this military RV campground? The GPS has us turning on Hwy 5 north to 54. I was wondering about the A highway after that to A33. Looks a little narrow and tree lined. Our RV road atlas doesn't show it as RV friendly. Anyone been there?
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
Take 54 at camdenton exit from 5 and go east to bus 54 ( aka Osage beach pkwy) about 15 mi. where you see the hwy 42 and lake ozark state park exit. You'll see the Home Depot to the right and the mcdonalds is there also. Go rt. on bus 54 then rt. on 42 ( at Walgreens) Go past the Osage hs FB stadium and a few miles is the state park. The ft Leonard wood stuff is back there. State park has sites and a nice beach. Way back on the glaize arm of the lake by water. If the flw is off A road then the road is ok, but 2 lane windy with no shoulders. That A road is just a few miles east on 54 from camdenton wal mart.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at the information on this facility on
www.militarycampgrounds.us
and your route seems the same as what they have for access. In the reviews no one reported problems getting there and some were pulling large fivers and a couple of motorhomes were listed too.