cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mr Moro's

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
With a lot of effort by my boss in Mexico, he has found out that Mr Moro's outside of Guasave is open again, at least for caravan business, but I imagine they will accept other RV's. Another alternative for the long gap between Maz & San Carlos if you don't like Los Mochis. I will find out more info in Fall when I am there.

This phone number is good: (011-52-) 687-873-7007. The info in the churchs book is not anymore.

Owner is now Mr. Gustavo Miguel
9 REPLIES 9

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Luke Porter wrote:
robatthelake wrote:
That is great news , however until highway 15 is totally reconstructed it will be tough to get many takers. Add in Ridiculous Tolls and Higher Fuel Prices in Mexico vs the USA.
We will be heading East to Texas before going South into Mexico for the next few Years! better Roads, Cheaper Fuel and Fewer Tolls is The main reason in My Humble opinion!

So overall, food, lodging, exchange rate, etc---how much more do you think it will cost to stay in the States?

I won't be staying in the USA ,just taking a different route to reach Our primary Mexican Destination!

My concern is mostly about the deplorable Road Conditions and excessive Tolls on the West Coast Route! Once the Roads are brought up to decent condition I will again take another look at Highway 15 from Nogales to Guadalahara for sure!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Well Mexico can be expensive, but the weather is better, the culture is great and I love it down there. Maybe its because I have traveled most of the world, but the US seems boring with a capital B. If I were worried about cots, I never would have retried.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Luke Porter wrote:

So overall, food, lodging, exchange rate, etc---how much more do you think it will cost to stay in the States?

Hijacking, I love it. Not sure that this was a question, so please don't take my response here as an answer. I'm not sure there could be any simple or sensible answer, either.

What "food" - restaurants or making use of your kitchen, and if kitchen, then do you need something that has to be imported?
What "lodging" - motel, dry camp, camp with hookups?
What "etc" - sitting in bars, or shopping, or paying for services like electricity, cable, gardening, medical?

Mexico is a country with few times lower wages and standards of life - for locals. You can live there for $500 a month, or for $5,000. They know that we are loaded with money and are (often) trying to overcharge - and overcharged you will be, if you let it slide. Most of the time price is negotiable.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
tony lee wrote:
" that Mr Moro's outside of Guasave is open again, at least for caravan business,"

Probably better if he isn't too fussy whose money he takes given that caravans aren't exactly crowding the roads.

We enquired about taking a caravan in there, and that is how he answered, I suspect it is not restricted to those, I will be there in late November so will report.

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
" that Mr Moro's outside of Guasave is open again, at least for caravan business,"

Probably better if he isn't too fussy whose money he takes given that caravans aren't exactly crowding the roads.
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
OK if you are a destination traveler. Not much of interest along that route.

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
That is great news , however until highway 15 is totally reconstructed it will be tough to get many takers. Add in Ridiculous Tolls and Higher Fuel Prices in Mexico vs the USA.
We will be heading East to Texas before going South into Mexico for the next few Years! better Roads, Cheaper Fuel and Fewer Tolls is The main reason in My Humble opinion!

Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I hope that more RV's head in to Mexico so that those parks that are dependent on that business can survive, we normally go Mission, TX. To Saltillo, Matehuala, San Luis Potosi, Qureretaro, Mexico City.

The stops in San Luis Potosi and Queretaro are no longer available, so we need to go from Matehuala to San Miguel de Allende having lunch in San Luis, I prefer to make shorter trips than a long stretch, but asi es la vida.

navegator