cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northeast Connecticut to Bar Harbor Maine

Richmcm
Explorer
Explorer
Schedule to travel up to Maine from Northeast Connecticut. What is the traffic like on a Saturday late afternoon in July heading up I 95? Thanks for your input
Rich & Diane
2006 Aspect 26 A
Nitro 640 LX
5 REPLIES 5

Thomas_NH
Explorer
Explorer
I travel I95 from the Hampton tolls to Kittery ME a lot on Saturday afternoons. Its the favored route to my favorite Yaking spot. Most Fridays & Saturdays in the summer it a parking lot... Yesterday I took the old way to avoid the traffic and when I crossed over 95 the traffic was real light... So it's a **** shoot, but most Saturdays it's real heavy.

I'd like to tell you to take Rt. 1, but that's even worse with all the lights and shopping malls.

Just be forewarned.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
From NE CT, take I-84 or I-395 to the Mass Pike and then I-495 around (don't go into Rt 128, traffic is always terrible there).

You may hit some slowdown at the Hampton tolls, but if you have an EZPass, you'll get through faster.

Watch your speed on 95 in Maine when the speed limit drops to 55 around Portland. Major revenue generator for the state.

X2. You can take a small chunk off by picking up I290 through Worcester. The lanes are a bit narrow but you should be OK with your set-up. All highways up here are anybody's guess on traffic but late afternoon you should be OK. If you've got the time or want to take a break, hit the Cabela's in Scarborough, ME, at Exit 42.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Richmcm
Explorer
Explorer
Terrific information Thank You!
Rich & Diane
2006 Aspect 26 A
Nitro 640 LX

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
From NE CT, take I-84 or I-395 to the Mass Pike and then I-495 around (don't go into Rt 128, traffic is always terrible there).

You may hit some slowdown at the Hampton tolls, but if you have an EZPass, you'll get through faster.

Watch your speed on 95 in Maine when the speed limit drops to 55 around Portland. Major revenue generator for the state.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Saturdays shouldn't be a problem. Be sure to take 495 or 128 around Boston, though - no propane allowed in the tunnel under the city. Traffic thru Providence may slow you down...
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie