cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Price of gas is the least of the problems

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
The above image is of our NEW 1988 Bluebird. We have not really travelled Mexico past Kino for a number of years. Mostly due to health problems. I am doing much better and for the last 12 months I have been looking for a nice unit that can withstand Mexican roads and Topes. Now that I finally have something I don't know if we will ever get to travel to the south. Our Mexican friends that often go to Maz for Semana Santa now fly as they are afraid of road travel. From Kino many do not travel beyond Guaymas. Without stirring up something against the rules crime is up double digits. The differences is not that crime is worse it is that the problem is not usually drug related. It is the common criminal or Wanabees. They jack cars, rob bus passengers and more. Even in old Kino robberies are on the rise. This normally Sleepy Hollow. We are considering selling our house and moving into one of the Trailer Parks. Some have closed and others are at less than 50% capacity. It is true that RV'rs are not normally the targets of professional criminals. But these 2 bit nut cases do not really care. RV travel in Mexico will just disappear. I am hoping that with the change of Government policing will become a priority. In the meantime we will go to Penasco, San Carlos and Arizona/ California . maybe some of the mission routes in Sonora. What a shame.

Moisheh
19 REPLIES 19

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
There are lots of areas in Mexico where the dangers are almost non existant. But you have to get from here to there! When people get robbed on highway 15 from HMO to Guaymas that is a bad sign. We get El Imparcial delivered to the house. One has to be careful reading Mexican papers as they are very political and have an agenda. However within a 100 mile radius of HMO there are serious incidents almost daily. Usually it is Mayors and Police Chiefs but sometimes ordinary citizens get caught up in the fights. Bullets do not ask if you are a tourist. Our Bluebird is ready for the south but we will wait and see. At my age time is precious! Thanks for the comments on La Reina Gitana II. I am the 3rd owner. The first owner used it for his NASCAR statistics contract. He never ate in the unit. The microwave was never used. Some of the manuals are still in the factory plastic. Should really be in a museum!

Moisheh

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
very nice rv pack it up and come on over.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Now that is an rv! What a rig Moisheh. Beautiful.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Well I ensconced Quicksiver beneath a row of coconut palms. I live in one of the more "dangerous" areas of Mexico, Tierra Caliente.

I have a phony wallet with 300 pesos in it. A slip of paper carefully written slip of paper MONEY GRAM $13.300

explains why I have so little cash.

But I see Komfort Koaches 40' in length towing Range Rovers on Mex 15-D. 800 grand worth of rolling stock. And the sight isn't occasional. Every trip I see multiple rigs per day between MAZ and the frontera worth that kind of money.

But it's not worth an anxiety attack with ramifications to the heart. Nothing it worth that.

It's gotten way to expensive to bring the bus so I use a '95 Dodge Spirit.

It's so ugly a gang of sicarios would have a shootout between themselves to see who avoids getting in the car.

And it's all funded from north of the border.

Ain't Life Sweet?

Talleyho69
Sorry you feel that way.
We are in the process of moving permanently to Zihuatanejo within the next 2 months. We still feel, statistics aside, as safe as we ever have traveling. We follow the common sense rules.
It's important to do what makes you feel safe. It's a personal call.
Beautiful coach!!!