cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Call Alaska 2019

kcfissel
Explorer
Explorer
Things seem to be a bit slow lately, so Let's get the ball rolling for next year. Scuttlebutt has it that several folks are looking northward for springtime road trips.

I would like to say, if the planets align, and the Lord keeps us healthy, our new trailer (on order) is ready, that we are planning to cross the 49th parallel at Eastport, Idaho on, or about May 1.
We will be on a slow schedule, but hope to cross into Alaska in early to mid June.

So how about it? Who else is planning to be going that direction?
Ken

“needs” and “wants” are pesky things to distinguish, and the bigger the peskier…
138 REPLIES 138

photonanax3
Explorer
Explorer
Hollard -

I'm going to take you up on your offer of the itinerary. DH and I are planning an Alaska trip summer of 2020. Just started researching and plotting routes.

Thank you!
Live for today for yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not guaranteed.

HollardawgUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
This year is our 3rd attempt at making our 3rd trip to Alaska. We went in 2008, and 2011. So far, 2019 looks pretty promising.

BTW, if anyone is interested, you are welcome to a copy of our itinerary. It contains information on campgrounds, campground rates and several points of interest (at least to us) If interested drop me an email at hollardawg45@gmail.com and I will forward a copy.

We go up through Alberta, crossing at Sweetgrass because of the substantially lower fuel prices, and pick up the Alaska Highway in Dawson Creek at Mile "0". Then, return down the Cassiar Highway through BC. Since we are somewhat advanced in years, we make quite a few stops. We only average about 122 miles each day.
We have been on the road for 12 years now, and we are looking forward to this one last big trip before we cut back on our travels.

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
Keep in mind a lot of campgrounds and services in Alaska and in Northern Canada will begin to close up shop as early as mid-September. Plan accordingly. Safe travels and have fun.

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
We're hoping to leave Idaho (visiting family there) mid-August of 2019. Will spend September in Alaska and heading back to east coast around October 1st.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition