cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route 10 Louisiana.....how bad is it?

Teeshot1939
Explorer
Explorer
Headed west from Baton Rouge,LA to Galveston,TX in my Class A with toad. I was planning to shoot across Route 10 but a couple of locals said Route 10 has a lot of construction and bumpy roads. Anyone traveled that route recently? Any suggestions? Thanks....
7 REPLIES 7

ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
Took 10 from Baton Rouge to Arizona and now back through Texas to get to South Padre Island. The first part in Texas coming weat is ROUGH. The rest is very doable in my opinion. Adjust your speed on the concrete parts and youโ€™ll be fine

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
A little bumpy but somehow thousands make the trip every day.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
I just traveled it this week from Henderson La to Houston - its not really that bad - narrow at time in the construction areas but doable
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Extremely bad.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
We just went East on 10 from San Antonio to New Orleans and gotta say inside Texas it's pretty smooth. With in 5 miles of the border it's very torn up on both sides and Louisiana part of 10 is all old sectioned concrete which feels like driving on washboard. Just have to find a speed that works for your wheel base and suspension.

Imagine West bound will be the same conditions.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Teeshot1939 wrote:
Headed west from Baton Rouge,LA to Galveston,TX in my Class A with toad. I was planning to shoot across Route 10 but a couple of locals said Route 10 has a lot of construction and bumpy roads. Anyone traveled that route recently? Any suggestions? Thanks....

Hwy. 10 roads located over the waterways are like being on a series of small roller coasters . When your RV starts bouncing , slow down and vary your speeds. Don't plan on driving over 50 mph or less.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
What route did you use to get to Baton Rouge?