cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Routes in Nova Scotia

Colbie_s_family
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are looking at traveling to Nova Scotia perhaps late August, early September. Right now we will probably be coming from the Maine area, although we had considered going up into Canada from a more western entrance and then going east in Canada. I'm interested to know what other's experiences have been with roads in Nova Scotia as well as recommendations for routes and RV parks.

We have a 41" Class A diesel with a Jeep Wrangler as our tow vehicle. Thanks for any feedback.
6 REPLIES 6

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Hopewll rocks for sure. Spend the whole day and check out the online tidal charts for there.

fwed
Explorer
Explorer
It has been nine years since we've been there, but the roads were fine. Stayed at Marco Polo on Prince Edward Island (PEI) and recommend it. We weren't camping when we were in Nova Scotia. There's a KOA at the head of Fundy that looks good. We're looking at that for our return trip. There was a municipal CG in St John, NB, which was terrible. Greeted there by a big sign announcing a "Boil Water Alert". Mainly a place for traveling workers. Nice town otherwise.

But, that said, there's all of the Titanic stuff in Halifax, and a good museum. Not to be missed is Badeck where Alexander Graham Bell summered and experimented with hydrofoil boats on Bra d'Or lake. Wonderful museum there of his work. Louisburg is a recreation of the 18th century fort which was at the center of the Louisburg Expedition military campaign. And, of course, you have to see Fundy where you can actually see the tide go in and out. The tides are in excess of 9' (twice a day), so the water level changes more than a foot every hour.

Enjoy.

Fred.

Colbie_s_family
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for feedback. Anyone else have info or experiences they would like to share, please feel free.

Thanks again.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my two cents on timing! Go in September as you will miss kiddy season and family camping at least on the weekends. It is a fine time of year to travel. We took about two weeks to do most of the loop in Nova Scotia having been to parts of it before and planning another trip for the north cost.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I was there 40 some years ago when in the Navy. Took leave and went tent camping. Back then the roads were fine. I stayed in Cape Bretton Highlands and Fundy national parks.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Check the Canadian forum, question exactly the same as yours recently posted.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed