cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

routes Mebane NC to Fort Myers FL

rhoderunner
Explorer
Explorer
Currently Mebane NC beginning route back to SW FL in 41ft MH with dolly. Flexible target date in FL end of Oct. Due to health reasons restrict travel between stops to no more than 200 miles/4 hours. Plan on making 4 stops and staying at each for 3 days give or take. Please help with suggestions for routes,CG and points of interest that you may have enjoyed along this journey. Activity wise hiking is out, but other interests for recently retired adults is open. Used 95 from FL to head north. Could use 75 to head back south. Thanks for assisting this rookie traveler. When I gain your knowledge and experience I will pay it forward. Appreciate it.
1 REPLY 1

GraciesDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
For your situation there are two factors to take into account: Charlotte & Atlanta. They're scary in a car/SUV, not to mention a 41-footer w/a toad! Those two cities can be avoided via I-74/U.S. 220 South out of Greensboro, to U.S. 1 and decide which route(s) are better for landing on I-75; likely somewhere around Macon, GA. The real plus in your trip is that you're starting out in eastern NC and don't have to deal w/any mountains. Keep this in mind, too: Taking I-75, as it runs NW to SE, there will be some "doubling-back" involved. But I think that it's still a rather pleasant drive through south Georgia... The closer you get to Florida, however, is whole 'nother ball o' wax! The traffic gets heavier after you cross I-10 and continues to be so until you get past the Florida Turnpike. It remains kind of moderate until you get into Clearwater/Tampa/St. Pete area.

Campground-wise, RVParkReviews.com is your go-to for that information. You may have to Wal-Mart-dock in a time or two in order to fulfill your 4-hour driving limit, but it's doable. Bottom line: If you want to stop, stop. If you want to stay, stay. If you want to go, go. Don't overtax yourself and have fun! That's what all this is about! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Watch your tail swing... Keep the greasy side down and keep it 'tweeeeeeeeen the ditches, Y'all!

John E. Baker, III & Sally Baker - The Traveling Siblings!
Co-pilots: Llasah Lilly, Brown Daschie Chloe and Tuxedo Foots