cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing to Lebanon PA

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
I looked up a route to Lebanon PA from just southwest of Boston MA. I looked in Good Sam routing and it took me Rt 90 to 84 to 15 to 91 to 95 to the GW Bridge!!!!! I do not want to go over the GW bridge with a 35 ft fifth wheel AND on the map it gives you it warns of low clearance of 8 ft I think it said. Now my GPS which is a Garmin RV GPS gave the same routing so this worries me IF there is a low overpass but also what are they thinking sending me over the GW Bridge?
What is the best routing? Someone said 90 to 84 to 287 to 78 I think it was but where to get on these routes( I know where to get on 84 but the others?
Leaving tomorrow morning early so hope someone reads this tonight.
Thanks in advance.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers
6 REPLIES 6

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
We are here now and friends came via 84 to Scranton and there was bumper to bumper at Port Jarvis and then many one lane closings all the way to Scanton so we were glad we too 87, 287, 78. Our Next Exit was out of date so were not sure where we would get diesel but as it happened, there were some new Pilot and Loves stations.
Thanks all for the directions and I think we will return as we came thanks to you all giving great directions.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
RVER wrote:
I looked up a route to Lebanon PA from just southwest of Boston MA. I looked in Good Sam routing and it took me Rt 90 to 84 to 15 to 91 to 95 to the GW Bridge!!!!! I do not want to go over the GW bridge with a 35 ft fifth wheel AND on the map it gives you it warns of low clearance of 8 ft I think it said. Now my GPS which is a Garmin RV GPS gave the same routing so this worries me IF there is a low overpass but also what are they thinking sending me over the GW Bridge?
What is the best routing? Someone said 90 to 84 to 287 to 78 I think it was but where to get on these routes( I know where to get on 84 but the others?
Leaving tomorrow morning early so hope someone reads this tonight.
Thanks in advance.

Really, best way now is 84 to Newburgh,NY..take 87 south to Sufferin,NY....then 287 to 78 west.....to Lebanon....84 in Pa has much road work being done..Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just remember to load up on Lebanon Baloney for the trip home!

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
My suggestion would be I90 to join I84 all the way to I684 in NY to I287 over the Tappan Zee Bridge then south on I287 in NJ to join with I78 west to PA. No low overpasses on that route and the Tappan Zee Bridge is toll free westbound.

There are low overpasses on route 15 (the Merritt Parkway) in southern CT.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

Mr-MrsPete
Explorer
Explorer
If I was you I would follow 84 all the way to 81 south. 287 is still in the NYC traffic area. I live in Maine and travel to the NYC area for work often. Do yourself a favor and stay away from NYC with a 5er if you don't plan on doing anything in the city.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
One option is take I-84 west to the Scranton PA area, then take I-81 south to the Lebanon PA area.

It's a little longer but, you miss NYC.