cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rt 2 Nebraska

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We are headed to Yellowstone in late spring.We would come across Missouri on Rt 36 to I-29 to I-80. I was looking at taking Rt2 from Nebraska City to Lincoln as a short cut to Rt 80.Is that a decent road pulling a 27ft TT?
8 REPLIES 8

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Yep been down that road many many times. If you want to avoid Lincoln traffic take a left on south 70th street, straight south to Satillo Rd. Then TR on Satillo to highway 77. TR on HWY 77 north straight to I 80 interchange. Or skip it and just go through South Lincoln. No big deal. Myself I would take Sth 70th. That is always my preferred route when heading to I-80 coming or going. Hwy 2 gets pretty congested in town during the day. Its the only path for Semi's going south of Lincoln. There actually in the process of putting in a South Beltway but they haven't starting digging yet. Oh ya the Hwy 2 is great.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:
We've taken Hwy 2 a few times in both directions from Washington state to Michigan with our 40' motorhome towing the Jeep and absolutely love the drive.

That's US2, EW across the north states. The question is about Nebraska state route 2 - south of I80

Simply calling a road 'Rt/Hwy 2' can be confusing.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
paulij- I was talking about the section south of I80 from Nebraska City to Lincoln,then jump on I-80.The other thread was someone else asking about Rt2 north of I-80.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We've taken Hwy 2 a few times in both directions from Washington state to Michigan with our 40' motorhome towing the Jeep and absolutely love the drive.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
We used the same route (36, I29, 2, I80) heading west in 2014. Route 2 is a good divided highway, but not a limited access highway. There are a number of cross streets.

If you are interested, there is an interesting Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center just after crossing the Missouri River into Nebraska. The entrance is the first left turn after the bridge.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

avan
Explorer
Explorer
paulj wrote:
duplicate?

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28706492
Maybe I missed something. Why would you consider this a 'duplicate'?

To answer OP, it's a good road.
www.putt10.net

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
A very good 4 lane divided highway. This is the main route fro Lincoln to KC.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
duplicate?

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28706492

though this is for RT2 north of I80 - toward Black Hills.