cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rt 81

Ziphead2
Explorer II
Explorer II
can I drive my class c all the way down rt 81? low bridges?
13 REPLIES 13

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've driven I-81 end to end in both directions in our Class A. As others have said, there's a 14' minimum height requirement on the interstate highway system.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Ziphead2 wrote:
I was asking about the I 81 from penn to ten? Thanks

Will you be coming form Newark N.J. or Newark De? That can make a difference on where you pick up 81. We are from De. and last weekend we took this route but picked up 81 in Va. there ae different ways to go and sometimes better to avoid traffic.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

dedmiston
Crowe wrote:
My apologies. The snarky posts have been deleted.

No need to apologize. It just seems like some people's egos on this forum are a bit out of control.

It feels like it's been getting worse lately. I wish folks could take a deep breath and keep their perspective.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

No need to apologize. It just seems like some people's egos on this forum are a bit out of control.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dedmiston
Crowe wrote:
Good grief! Is the snark really necessary?

How about just answering the question with a real answer?

Geez Louise people! It was a simple question that required a simple answer, not sarcasm and ridicule. And we wonder why there are fewer and fewer people on this Forum. How about answering like this: If you are asking about I 81, it is an interstate - no bridge problems. instead? Thank you Vermilye (and the few others) for your respect and straightforward answers.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Good grief! Is the snark really necessary?

How about just answering the question with a real answer?

Geez Louise people! It was a simple question that required a simple answer, not sarcasm and ridicule. And we wonder why there are fewer and fewer people on this Forum. How about answering like this: If you are asking about I 81, it is an interstate - no bridge problems. instead? Thank you Vermilye (and the few others) for your respect and straightforward answers.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
There are bridges along the 87 Northway southbound above Albany marked w/ clearance signs and 1 just west of Alb on 90 that is marked 14'. No problemino w/ a 13'6" rig with them.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I just drove that route last weekend and no issues with bridges, now remember all interstates should not have bridges under 14' and if so the will be marked. Our rig is 13'5" and have yet to have any issues on the interstates, now back roads and even state highways that's another story
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I think one bridge in PA is marked 14' 2". When you get your oversize load permit they will tell you the route you must take.

Ziphead2
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was asking about the I 81 from penn to ten? Thanks

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
From his other post, I take it this is enroute to 'Pigion' forge.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interstate 81? No problems to be expected. It's a nice enough interstate highway overall, some nice scenery of rolling hills and not too many super congested cities (especially once one gets south of Pennsylvania).

Some other route 81? Please be more specific about what road you're actually referring to.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you are asking about I 81, it is an interstate - no bridge problems.