cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sturgis, South Dakota

gtschulz
Explorer
Explorer
We are making our first trip to the Motorcycle rally this summer. We will begin the journey from the Detroit Mi area.

Any suggestions for routes and stops for night would be appreciated.
Deputy Chief/Fire Marshal (retired)
6 REPLIES 6

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
If worried about nudity, just bring full body paint. It works!

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
But with that crowd, flashing occurs. Too many people and not enough cops.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:
I don't know if 'we' includes your significant other, But if it does, be sure she knows what goes on and is OK with it. I drove thru it quite by accident when heading west on I-90 several years ago. I'm single and I enjoyed it, but I felt sorry for all those young girls that didn't have enough money to afford the tops to their bathing suits.
Do a google search on "Sturgis 20__" For any year.

Public nudity is not allowed. We have been there many times and I have never seen it, unless you go looking for it.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if 'we' includes your significant other, But if it does, be sure she knows what goes on and is OK with it. I drove thru it quite by accident when heading west on I-90 several years ago. I'm single and I enjoyed it, but I felt sorry for all those young girls that didn't have enough money to afford the tops to their bathing suits.
Do a google search on "Sturgis 20__" For any year.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You probably know there are 1 million bikers expected this year! That's the good news and the bad news...
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sturgis is a free camper paradise.. until the vendors arrive. Electric hookups all over the place.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman