cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take kayaks or not?

tjschaefer
Explorer
Explorer
Driving to Alaska this June for about 2 months. Pulling travel trailer. Debating whether or not I should haul two kayaks on top of tow vehicle all the way or not? Any of you experienced Alaska travelers see the need to have your own kayaks with you? I don't want to haul them all the way if I might only use them once or twice or not at all.
19 REPLIES 19

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sue, beautiful pictures! Next to last is my favorite.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

tjschaefer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks especially for the pics, the kayaks are going!

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Looks to me like if the OP only kayaks once or twice, it's his own durned fault! 😉
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
By all means, take them if you enjoy kayaking on beautiful lakes.

On Kluane Lake in Yukon

Kluane Lake, Yukon

At Snag Junction campground in Yukon

Enger Lake, AK Hwy, Yukon

Boya Lake, Cassiar Hwy, northern B.C.

Boya Lake

Sidney Lake, Yukon

Simpson Lake, Yukon

Muncho Lake, AK Hwy in Northern BC

Twin Lakes, Nabesna Road in Alaska as the sun sets

Yours truly on Kluane Lake in Yukon

Camped at Blueberry Lake along the Richardson Hwy in Alaska
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Kayaks? No experience. RVing without my mountain bike? No way. My toys come with me....use or no use....snow, rain, cold, wind, fire!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad