cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally unreasonable and irresponsible urge

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
Every year at this time I have a totally unreasonable and irresponsible urge to go home and give some money to the government. Each year we try and take a different route. This year we thought we would head up CA395 all the way into Oregon and head off on OR 31 at Valley Falls to Bend and then 20 to the coast.

I'm pulling a 29ft 5'er.

Has anyone done this route? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Ross
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired
5 REPLIES 5

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you can give money to the government, but it will probably go to some 3rd world country to fix THEIR roads!

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
BIKERK9 wrote:
Why go home? I filed my taxes thru my CPA on-line. Getting all my tax money back - yahoooooo.

O.P.'s a Canadian- I think they pay in loonies and have to be home when the Mounties come around on horseback to collect.

😉
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
That sucks. Here in the US we can do that from anywhere, online.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
Why go home? I filed my taxes thru my CPA on-line. Getting all my tax money back - yahoooooo.
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
If you wait until hwy 20 to hit the Oregon coast, you'll have missed the best part of the coast drive. North of Tillamook, very little of 101 is oceanfront, and almost NONE of 101 is on the water in Washington.

If you're wanting to go to Bend in any case: In my opinion, the route north to Canada on the east side of the Cascades is much more interesting, especially if you're interested in geology etc.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien