cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip Report: Our Southwest Excursion

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Mrs. S. and I have been on the road for a few weeks now, traveling from western NY to the "Mighty Five" Utah national parks and back. I thought forum members might enjoy reading about our adventures and seeing some of our best pics.

I've been documenting it all in my blog, continualsunsets. The last time I posted a link here I got a nasty comment about trying to use the forum to generate traffic and generate income. That was an unnecessary comment, because I am not using the blog as a source of income. It is not monetized (at least not by me; there are probably ads from wordpress affiliates, but I have nothing to do with them.)

If you are interested in reading our adventures, I'd love to have you along for the ride. Here's the link to the first day of the trip.

If you are likely to feel offended by being drawn into what you'll think is a money-grubbing attempt on my part to increase my blog's traffic, by all means, do not click on the link.

Happy Travels!

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
8 REPLIES 8

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Mayor30 wrote:
Ho w to I get to the rest of the story? I can only see the first page.

On each day's entry there is a link at the bottom of the page to take you to the next day. (There's also a link to allow you to go back to the previous day). They may not "look" like links, but they are. They are the titles for each of the day's entries.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Ho w to I get to the rest of the story? I can only see the first page.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I like trip reports! TY
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
SpeakEasy wrote:
Dave in TN wrote:
I love RV travel blogs. Glad you shared it. We took a long trip with our kids 12 years ago that I blogged about so family could follow along. I still enjoy going back to read it...good memories. I’m sure you’ll do the same many years down the road.

BTW, I’m originally from WNY. Been in TN for 18 years but my wife and I began our family in Orchard Park, after growing up in Chautauqua Co.

Asking for my wife, who grew up in Cheektowaga - Are you a Bills fan? She finds Bills fans everywhere we go! Quite a fellowship!

-Speak

Yes! Lifelong.., won’t stop now.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Dave in TN wrote:
I love RV travel blogs. Glad you shared it. We took a long trip with our kids 12 years ago that I blogged about so family could follow along. I still enjoy going back to read it...good memories. I’m sure you’ll do the same many years down the road.

BTW, I’m originally from WNY. Been in TN for 18 years but my wife and I began our family in Orchard Park, after growing up in Chautauqua Co.

Asking for my wife, who grew up in Cheektowaga - Are you a Bills fan? She finds Bills fans everywhere we go! Quite a fellowship!

-Speak

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad

Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
GizmosMom wrote:
I read your entire blog about this trip and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Felt like I was right there with you!

Thanks for sharing!

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. That's my goal as a writer - to capture the reader and bring them along.

-Speak

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
I read your entire blog about this trip and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Felt like I was right there with you!

Thanks for sharing!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge