cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tunnels on WA Hwy 14, Columbia Gorge

daved525
Explorer
Explorer
We are headed up to the Gorge with our Phaeton, camping on the WA side of the Gorge. There are some low tunnels there---12'6" and 13'3" according to Good Sam. Anyone have experience with a MH on the stretch from Stevenson to The Dalles bridge on WA Hwy 14? I've seen many trucks and MH go through there, and local RV parks assure me there is no problem---just hug the centerline (tunnels have circular roofs, rising from road edge to center). But I'm nervous. Tiffin says overall height of Phaeton (air cond) is 12'7".

Thanks

Dave
18 REPLIES 18

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
jolooote wrote:
What ever you do ...DO NOT take any RV on the 'South' side of the river. Many places along there are almost too narrow for cars and LOTS of traffic.
Is that a Floridian's concept of an Oregon freeway?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
What ever you do ...DO NOT take any RV on the 'South' side of the river. Many places along there are almost too narrow for cars and LOTS of traffic.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
WyoTraveler wrote:
f We went that way again I would travel south side of Columbia. JMHO
yeah, me too.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect you are talking about north side of the Columbia. We went through there last summer. We're at 12'9". Stopped short of tunnel and called DOT. They said OK. The measurement is at the fog line. They recommended we wait for traffic to clear and take the center which we did. No problem. If We went that way again I would travel south side of Columbia. JMHO