cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

UPDATE Theft insurance info--first hand attn Canadians!

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
This is the email we received from Qualitas insurance after the visit by the adjuster (who was very helpful). But. . . . .

"This is the documents that you need deliver in case of total theft if the vehicle wont found in 15 days.

โ€ข Original title of the vehicle (properly endorsed)
โ€ข Original denounce of ministerio publico (where you acredit be the owner of the vehicle)
โ€ข Original certified copy from ministerio publico
โ€ข Courtesy stolen report by the state highway patrol where de vehicle es register (original)
โ€ข Copy of a recent registration of the vehicle
โ€ข Copy of the temporary permit
โ€ข All the keys of the vehicle
โ€ข Copy of you US insurance

As soon as you have all the documents, you can do the process in any office of qualitaยดs insurance in mexico.

Have a nice day"

I have contacted our local RCMP detachment who thought that the requirement for a report from them was a bit strange! I forwarded a copy of the email to them, we'll see what happens.

Note the requirement for original documents that were in the Jeep, and I have no idea what I can do about an original title! :h
79 REPLIES 79

darbone85737
Explorer
Explorer
Have they ever found that American motorcyclist that went missing ?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The women are ribald Moishe. I'm afraid you would end up scrambling up the hill with a deep scarlet face and neck. Mexican humor feminina is dead-black-grade and has deep roots in sarcasm and hyperbole -- but yes, the foundation of rumor and gossip must be authentic or it all falls apart.

Years ago I purchased an extra large "gallena" (hen) as a piรฑata for one of the girl's birthday. The "extra vocal and vigorous" rooster from up the hill discovered it one afternoon when Brenda had a lot of her friends on the patio. I won't get explicit here but what ensued, left seven or eight women prone on the patio deck pounding the floor with their fist, tears streaming down their cheeks. That wasn't what chased me off -- the gossip that followed was lurid and grotesque. I fled at high speed down to the beach.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever the trolls come onto this forum they post something like this: My brother's boss told him that Canadians get killed in Mexico. Or maybe it is this: You should not go to Mexico . Too many people get killed. A bunch of RV'rs were killed. Or don't go to Mexico stay in the USA it is safe. Immediately some of the regulars including Tequila jump on the trolls . Tequila usually mentions the couple that was killed in BC or Gabby Gifford as examples of how Mexico is safer than the USA. Then the trolls spout nonsense that are not even rumors. Well it appear that one of our regulars has done exactly the same as the trolls. Telling us that 5 Canadians were hijacked with absolutely no reference is no better than the anti-Mexicans that visit this forum once in awhile. I disagree with Mexico wanderer. At least the women washing their clothes base the stories on a half truth! Mitote, Chisme. Shame ! Shame!

Moisheh

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
"Word Is" Elvis was sighted dancing with Miley Cyrus on the roof of the archeological museum in Uxmal.

Links will do fine. If I want chisme I need only to go down to the river and sit on a rock and listen to the women chatter as they wash. I would rather drive Mex 200 from Cerro de Ortega to the middle of la puente de rio balsas 500 times rather than the stretch from Zihuatanejo to Acapulco one single time.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like we might be able to get the permit cancellation and payment of duty at least started here in PV if not completed. Done at Aduana at the airport. Note that it requires a written explanation in Spanish. Fortunately our Spanish teacher (and long term personal friend) at http://spanishschoolvallarta.com/ will check our Spanish before we submit it.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Word is that there have been 5 hijackings this season involving canadians, not all rv related on this stretch of road. I do not know for sure if that is a fact, but its good enough reason to avoid hwy 200 from manzanillo to zia. Best to to up and around.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Some where hidden in the******generated in my three post about the stolen Jeep, is a note from someone who had been in a similar situation and dealt with Qualitas in Tiajuana, and offered to help if I sent a PM.

I cannot find your post. If you see this, please PM me.

VIsited Qualitas here today. The missing paper work has them puzzled but helpful

They are sending what they have to Mexico City for assistance and clarification. If we leave without getting things finalised we will have to deal with the Tiajuana office by e-mail and phone from home.

Re the import, duty etc, We will go to Aduana at the PV Airport this afternoon to see what they have to say.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Well hopefully this will not get locked down. We all want to know how you do and whether you get stung with duty or not if it is not recovered.

AZ_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
And yet another thread gone south. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa OFF TOPIC.

I will no longer post my insurance problems/results updates on this thread since they will be buried in crap.

I may or may not post the results in this forum. There are others, and our blog page.

Sad but true with the usual suspects. ๐Ÿ˜ž
1994 Newmar Kountry Star 38' diesel pusher w\cummins 250hp w\fuel pump mods to get up the hills.
2006 20' Haulmark Enclosed Trailer
1994 EZ-HO golf cart
2006 Jeep Wrangler

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:

I will no longer post my insurance problems/results updates on this thread since they will be buried in crap.

I may or may not post the results in this forum. There are others, and our blog page.

I am really interested in how this eventually plays out.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I think people are too excited. If it was my post, simply ask me to delete it and I will. Someone mentioned the autodefenses and I had a question about it. Doesn't have anything to do with being gringo or a gringo thread. It is the desire to want to know what is going on so we know what choices to make in travel.

So please feel free to have my post deleted and most of all don't let this stop you from sharing information that is important with others who may be in a similar predicament someday.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I second C.R. DAMMIT you readers are supposed to be savvy about Mexico. The 18th century "rurales" did not "shoot up" communities. The 19th century rurales did not shoot anything up nor did the 20th century rurales.

I WANTED (past tense) so LEARN ABOUT THE GODDAMNED insurance process.

Thanks folks. You turned this into just another GRINGO sounding board.

END!

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Michoacรกn Militia News: Vigilante Members Apply To Become Police In Move To 'Legalize'

Don't you think that if they have been "legalized" by SEDENA they aren't going to go around shooting things up? Just curious. I'm not on that side of the coast.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog