cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

UT 12

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Can on pull a 5er through the tunnel on UT-12 to get from US-89 to Bryce Cyn and is there camping once I get there
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel
3 REPLIES 3

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
We were in Zion and Bryce (but not camping) during this week in December 4 years ago. Unless your fiver is specifically rigged for cold weather camping I wouldn't chance frozen pipes in Utah this time of year. If it is so rigged then more power to you. No crowds: you have the place to yourself. Quiet, serene, and cold. Ruby's would be my recommendation also.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the tunnel is very large. The park sites are hard to get & usually small, no hookkups. We always stay at Ruby's Inn just outside the entrance to Bryce. Full hookups and very large sites with a 'Campy' atmosphere. Ruby's complex has everything you'll need, even RV repair & gas across the street. Nice shops, resturants, motel if the DW get fedup. lol. Make sure to do the Navajo trail hike to the bottom of the hoodoos. AMAZING! Another GREAT camp is just west of Bryce on the hyway called Red Canyon Forest campground. Entrance is just pass the tunnel. Its my favorite in the west. Very large, well spaced, paved sites, modern pit toilets, but water only.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Highway 12 is the best bet to get there from the 89.

As for camping, there are two campsites in the National Park itself. North Campground has 13 RV sites, and Sunset Campground has 80 RV sites available. You can review the information on the link I'm providing below.

Please note the following:

1. The campgrounds are closed in winter.
2. Sunset campground will be undergoing a major renovation from April 2014 through July of 2014, which result in intermittent closures of campsites and restrooms. There will also be a lot of construction noise, dust and traffic between 8am and 6pm.

There are quite a few private RV parks outside of the National Park which you can use if you can't get a reservation at one of the inside parks. An internet search will provide names of these parks.

Bryce Canyon Camping
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)