cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vax Passports

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

This post is intended as a heads-up to those heading north in the next while. If it is used to to comment on your particular beliefs..it will get taken down. Please try to respect the intent to our fellow travellers.

Vaccine Passports coming to BC and Quebec.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/343713/Restaurants-react-to-provincial-mandate-that-patrons-wil...

https://globalnews.ca/news/8133780/bc-proof-vaccination-program/

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
62 REPLIES 62

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
time2roll wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
Last update. You are still at risk to catch, and spread covid as if you were not vaccinated. Per the CDC.
This statement seems to imply the risk is equal if you are vaccinated or not.... and I understand that is false.

Catch? Yes, but the difference between how it impacts vax’d and un vax’d people is HUGE.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
The whole worlds gone mad
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Terryallan wrote:
Last update. You are still at risk to catch, and spread covid as if you were not vaccinated. Per the CDC.
This statement seems to imply the risk is equal if you are vaccinated or not.... and I understand that is false.

riah
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
wapiticountry wrote:
An incredibly slippery slope for something of dubious value. If what we are being told about vaccinations is correct, the primary threat is to the unvaccinated. In the US, vaccines are widely available and cost free. The only people over the age of 12 who are unvaccinated are that way by choice. So they have put themselves in harms way.
Furthermore, recent studies have tended to show that vaccinated people can carry and spread a viral load equal to the unvaccinated. That means that the threat a vaccinated person creates in spreading the virus is equal to that of the unvaccinated. Therefore, being vaccinated only benefits that individual, not others around them.

The vaccinated are much less likely to catch covid. So if everyone is vaxxed those with compromised immune systems are much safer.

Which is why we should continue to mask up especially indoors in public spaces!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks Sidehillsoup
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good for BC, hope they do the same here in Alberta.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what the province of BC will require after Sept 13/21. Every province is different some have them, and some don’t, so homework is required before you travel when it comes to Covid / travel restrictions, and the best place to get that information is from the official gov’t websites, in my opinion.
Scroll down in the link I provided and it showed what international travellers will require, pretty easy I would say.
Theses British Columbia “passports” are to be used between Sept 13, 2021, and January 31, 2022, but there could extend their use if things don’t change for the good..
Proof of Shot passport

Stay safe everyone
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
shum02 wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
shum02 wrote:
VE3ESN wrote:
noteven wrote:
VE3ESN wrote:
Unlike British Columbia and Quebec, Ontario for some reason is reluctant to issue vaccine passports and appears to be waiting for federal government action. This probably won't happen during the midst of a federal election.:h

HERE is a link to a site that allows you to print out your vaccination status. It's the only option right now for Ontario. It pales in comparison to the official document and/or mobile phone app approach used in BC and QC.

Why do you want another goverment issued scanable "passport"

What is wrong with producing a physical record of your status to the person at the door?

It prints on a 8-1/2 by 11 inch piece of paper. Problems:
1. Cumbersome to carry (especially for a male)
2. Easily forged.

I guess I'm hoping (wishfully thinking?) for an official government document that can't be replicated. Why not? We have driver's licenses, provincial health insurance cards, etc. Covid is probably gonna be around for a long time, so IMHO, governments need to act ASAP.

We will get them, they are coming. Doug see's the writing on the wall but is trying to keep his head down during the Federal Election.

It's weird but depending on where I go I have to show government ID to prove I'm old enough to have a beer. Nobody complains about that except those under the age of majority.

You have to have an ID for every thing in the world . EXCEPT voting.

Canada required ID or some kind of proof of citizenship. It's pretty easy here to have ID.

I would have to agree, every time I vote (federally or provincially I have to show picture ID, and they cross reference it with the voting list right in front of me. only an idiot would be against not requiring ID for voting, that just exponentially encourages fraud.

back to this post, you need ID when you drive so whats the big deal?
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of CDC’s from different countries.

Canadian CDC COVID info.

Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

FWC
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:

That is completely untrue and not at all what the CDC says. While vaccinated people could still catch COVID and transmit it, a vaccinated person is both significantly less likely to catch COVID and significantly less likely to transmit it to another individual. A vaccinated person is also dramatically less likely to end up with sever COVID and therefore consume medical resources. In no scenarios does a vaccine eliminate all risks associated with COVID, vaccines are about reducing risks, not eliminating them.

Here is the current CDC science brief about vaccinated individuals.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
steveh27 wrote:
wapiticountry wrote:
An incredibly slippery slope for something of dubious value. If what we are being told about vaccinations is correct, the primary threat is to the unvaccinated. In the US, vaccines are widely available and cost free. The only people over the age of 12 who are unvaccinated are that way by choice. So they have put themselves in harms way.
Furthermore, recent studies have tended to show that vaccinated people can carry and spread a viral load equal to the unvaccinated. That means that the threat a vaccinated person creates in spreading the virus is equal to that of the unvaccinated. Therefore, being vaccinated only benefits that individual, not others around them.

The vaccinated are much less likely to catch covid. So if everyone is vaxxed those with compromised immune systems are much safer.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
wapiticountry wrote:

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
shum02 wrote:
VE3ESN wrote:
noteven wrote:
VE3ESN wrote:
Unlike British Columbia and Quebec, Ontario for some reason is reluctant to issue vaccine passports and appears to be waiting for federal government action. This probably won't happen during the midst of a federal election.:h

HERE is a link to a site that allows you to print out your vaccination status. It's the only option right now for Ontario. It pales in comparison to the official document and/or mobile phone app approach used in BC and QC.

What is wrong with producing a physical record of your status to the person at the door?

2. Easily forged.

I guess I'm hoping (wishfully thinking?) for an official government document that can't be replicated. Why not? We have driver's licenses, provincial health insurance cards, etc. Covid is probably gonna be around for a long time, so IMHO, governments need to act ASAP.

We will get them, they are coming. Doug see's the writing on the wall but is trying to keep his head down during the Federal Election.

It's weird but depending on where I go I have to show government ID to prove I'm old enough to have a beer. Nobody complains about that except those under the age of majority.

Canada required ID or some kind of proof of citizenship. It's pretty easy here to have ID.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
shum02 wrote:
VE3ESN wrote:
noteven wrote:
VE3ESN wrote:

2. Easily forged.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Covid Vaccine Certificates already in place in 17 European countries:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/...
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/