cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weapon storage before entering Canada

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 17 state CCW and usually travel with a weapon in the TT. Plan on taking a cross country trip next summer and at some point (probably Vancouver) crossing into Canada. I know I can't carry a weapon into Canada. Is there anywhere where you can rent a storage locker or something similar for a weekly fee to store a weapon before entering Canada? Has anyone ever done this or heard of it?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand
22 REPLIES 22

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
You can bring a firearm into Canada you just have to follow the rules
start here
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/visit-visite-eng.htm

Thank you. Unfortunately most concealed carry weapons(mine ...anyways) have a shorter barrel length than the minimum 4.1" that Canada allows.

I like the cleaning and tune-up idea...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Drop them off at a gun store for cleaning and tune up. Free storage and a cleaning.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of gun shops don't want to deal with it. Because they are a firearms dealer there is a lot of paperwork and registration of sorts involved.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can bring a firearm into Canada you just have to follow the rules
start here
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/visit-visite-eng.htm
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Most any licensed Gun shop
The one I would have recommended closed last spring after an ATF audit showed nearly 2400 weapons had not been registered at time of apparent sale.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Gun shop or store. Or a pawn shop.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Sumas crossing Bromley's Market $10 for a year.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee