cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

West to east thru St. Louis

acker1
Explorer
Explorer
Been many years since I've been thru St. Louis. There was always congestion at the bridge where 3 interstates meet to cross. I want to connect up with I-64 in Illinois. Going this coming Monday 8/8.

Option one: Connect with I-64 in Mo, thru town and cross bridge.

Option 2: Connect with I-64 in Mo, Take I-270 south to I-255 then connect to I-64 in Illinois. A little longer but maybe less congestion.

Thanks
DICK
40' 2010 Phaeton QTH
toad--2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab pickup 4X4
Viet Vet '65, Ia Drang Valley survivor (We Were Soldiers)
Elks
www.4ezdaz.com Same site, different URL
9 REPLIES 9

stevepk
Explorer
Explorer
I live on the Illinios side and this is what I would do. I70 to 270 back to 70 on the Illinois side. Then take Illinois 4 south to 64. One small town to go thru
2018 F-250
2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RKS

acker1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies!!

DICK
40' 2010 Phaeton QTH
toad--2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab pickup 4X4
Viet Vet '65, Ia Drang Valley survivor (We Were Soldiers)
Elks
www.4ezdaz.com Same site, different URL

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
I 70 I 270 I 255 I 64
I drove a semi truck across I 70 for many (30) years and that is the way to go !! You can go any way you want but that way is the easiest way with less back ups, congestion. Some times you can stay on 70 to 64 and breeze right on through but most of the time NOT. Good luck.

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
PhilipB wrote:
I second what Tiger02 said. Stay on I70 and cross new bridge, then hit I64 after crossing. Done it several times in the last month. No issues.

X2. That's what I did this summer.
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

jdealcpa
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger02 x3 best way to go.

PhilipB
Explorer
Explorer
I second what Tiger02 said. Stay on I70 and cross new bridge, then hit I64 after crossing. Done it several times in the last month. No issues.
2015 Ram 2500
[purple]2013 Raptor 310TS[/purple]

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
I added 100 miles on our trip this summer just to avoid St. Louis on the return trip. It was THAT bad on the way out.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Tiger02
Explorer
Explorer
If you're coming in from I-70 headed east then just stay on I-70 and exit onto I-64 once you cross the new(ish) I-70 bridge across the river. When I was living out in St Peters that was the easiest and fastest route minus the rush hour times. If rush hour then I-270 onto I-255 onto I-64, but west to east is easy unless you're passing through in the morning.
2006 Keystone Outback Sydney 30 FRKS

1997 Ford F350 Auto, 4.10LS Axle, 160,000 Miles, Crew Cab with DRW.

US Army 1984-2016.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've seen downtown St L more times than I've wanted to. Exits without warning... even from left lane without any way of getting over. I'd take the longer route.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...