cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4th Stop, Yellowstone NP. of our 48 day National Park tour

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Today ends our 7 day stay at Madison CG in Yellowstone. Sunday we move up the road to Mammoth Hot Springs where we will spend a week.
In all, we have had a great visit. Beautiful scenery but with the exception of buffalo, animals have been scarce to us. That may be impart that we are not early risers or stay out to dark.

Madison has been full every night. It has surprised me to see so many arrive real late in the evening and leave so early after staying only the 1 night. From around noon till late evening, the CG is almost empty.

Lots of young families with small children running around. It's GREAT!!! to see them having fun.

The creeks and rivers are running full. The waterfalls are great. So I will start with some of them

Firehole Falls

Gibbons Falls

Upper Falls of the Yellowstone River

Lower Falls

Lower Falls from Artist Point

Undine Falls

Lots of Buffalo all over the Park.

It took at least 10 minutes before these decided to cross the creek.

This is the only buck elk that we saw.

Nez Perce Creek as it wanders thru the meadow.

OK, Now the main attraction, Old Faithful.

This is Old Faithful late one evening.

There are more thermal features than you can count.
This is the White Dome.

Grand Prismatic Spring

Sapphire Pool

OK, to see the rest you must visit my Picasa Web Album. Warning!!! There are over a 100 photos and I have a week to go. :B
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog
14 REPLIES 14

sweetnoni
Explorer
Explorer
We got back from YS on the 8th of June. Also didn't think there
were alot of animals visible, although we saw a wolf, grizzly, black, elk and bison. Been there 5 times, and this is by far the leanest time for animal numbers. Wonder if it has to do with the repopulation of the wolf? some ranchers would say Yes!

sh4717
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the pics! We are leaving next week for Yellowstone and will also be staying at Madison. Can't wait!
Scott
2019 Northwood Nash 24M
2018 Ram Ecodiesel

deansofva
Explorer
Explorer
Gorgeous photos! We're headed to Yellowstone in early August, and I'm going to use your photos for inspiration in taking mine. Can't wait to get there!

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been back to Yellowstone since 2006, Your photos remind me why I need to get back there. Thanks again for posting.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

Odessa_Grandma
Explorer
Explorer
Love those. Thanks for sharing!
Grandma and Grandpa
MO
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 21FBRS
2015 Dodge Ram 1500

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoyed all 100+ pictures in your Picasa album. Thanks for posting.

X3 on Elk on the lawn across from the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel.

X2 on a visit to the Lamar Valley. Large Bison herd there. Also the only place we have seen Wolves.

There are usually Mountain Goats on the cliff sides of Barronette Peak past the pebble Creek CG near the northeast entrance. They should have young this time of year. Binoculars needed.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing the pictures - we will be out there in August.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
Head over to the Lamar Valley and you'll have a greater chance of seeing critters. Wolves and bears are a real possibily, but you have a much greater chance by getting up early and staying out until dark.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on Elk at Mammoth. They walk around in the street by the park office - but they are NOT pets. It always amazes me when folks walk up to the wild animals like they are. I watched a guy walk within 3 feet of a male elk's head so he could get a picture when the elk's rear end was facing the road. Frankly, it amazes me that some of the Rangers don't just haul off and punch somebody.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
We usually see a lot of bull elk at Canyon Village and Mammoth.

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you do see more wildlife in the late evening it seems. We've been to Yellowstone three times and it never gets old. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

mrquacker
Explorer
Explorer
Grand shots of the waterfalls.

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
A friend said go there next, it is neat, but been there 7 times. Everyone should do it a few times in there life.
So big a world, so little time to see.

PegLW
Explorer
Explorer
Wonderful photos! Makes me want to head back to Yellowstone asap! ๐Ÿ™‚
Dave and Peggy
2012 Open Range 345RLS
2015 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L turbo