cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

America the Beautiful Senior Pass

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
Already thinking about our next trip out west. The last time we were out there, I was not old enough to have a Senior pass but might next time. Is it safe to assume Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks do not give the Senior pass discount for camping since they are operated by concessionaires? Thanks.
20 REPLIES 20

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow wrote:
In yellowstone, there are several campgrounds run by the park and you get the discount. Fishing Bridge is concessionaire, so you pay full price.
in Grand Teton, you get the discount for the regular campgrounds but not for the full hookup campgrounds.
The park run campgrounds have water and dump station and you can run your generator from 8a.m. to 10p.m.

That is the way that I was thinking. When we have stayed at Fishing Bridge and Colter Bay, there was no option to say if I had a Senior pass. Thanks.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve always received a senior discount from NPS, USFS, BLM etc. with my pass when camping.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
In yellowstone, there are several campgrounds run by the park and you get the discount. Fishing Bridge is concessionaire, so you pay full price.
in Grand Teton, you get the discount for the regular campgrounds but not for the full hookup campgrounds.
The park run campgrounds have water and dump station and you can run your generator from 8a.m. to 10p.m.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
$80 now. If the parks are open. ๐Ÿ˜ž
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
pinesman wrote:
Already thinking about our next trip out west. The last time we were out there, I was not old enough to have a Senior pass but might next time. Is it safe to assume Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks do not give the Senior pass discount for camping since they are operated by concessionaires? Thanks.

Pretty sure it still applies;

"Re: Senior National Park Pass discounts on amenities fees???
May 15, 2009, 9:55 PM
I called the park and they said that you'll get 50% off camping fees (not lodging/cabins) and some activities like boating, fishing, and paid activities (hiking, etc.)."
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
No. I don't know about Yellowstone and Grand Teton but at Stovepipe Wells in Death Valley the concessionaire gives a 50% discount for the Senior pass.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y